Full-Time Vocal Music Department Chair
- Degree in Vocal Music.
- Three years of teaching experience.
- Demonstrate skills and in-depth knowledge of classical and choral music.
- Be able to effectively interact and communicate with parents, students, colleagues, administration and classified employees.
- Knowledge of techniques, activities and strategies appropriate for teaching vocal performance, producing and directing vocal productions and operas.
Nature of the Position:
- Report directly to the executive director.
- Assist the executive director in the coordination, supervision and management of the vocal music department.
- Assist with enforcing school policies and procedures.
- Teach a maximum of 8 hours per week; more if needed.
- Secure and monitor adjunct faculty.
- Create adjunct faculty teaching schedule and submit biweekly time sheets.
- Plan, secure and schedule guest artists for the department.
- Continue the department’s relationship with the Metropolitan Opera’s HD Live in Schools Program.
- Oversee/supervise students’ attendance, academic progress, juried evaluation and discipline.
- Schedule and conduct parent-teacher conferences as needed.
- Audition and selection of potential students.
- Plan and schedule the department’s performance schedule.
- Work within part-time hourly, contract and supply budgets. Maintain required financial recording procedures according to GSA and fiscal agent.
- Requisition of departmental supplies, music and equipment as needed.
- Conduct and maintain yearly departmental inventory.
- Assist with safe school protocols.
- Assist with supervising annual prom and end of the year party
- Additional duties and activities as assigned by the executive director.
All interested applicants must submit a current resume and a letter of interest to:
Dr. Andrea F Warren, Executive Director
254 Granby Street
Norfolk, VA 23510
Posting Date: March 1, 2019
Application Deadline: April 12, 2019
Employment Date: August 219
Length of Contract: 10.5 month/210 days-7.5 hours per day
Please Share the Vocal Music Department Chair job: