Full-Time Visual Arts Faculty: Drawing, 2D Design, Printmaking
Teacher – High School: VISUAL ARTS
DRAWING, 2D DESIGN, PRINTMAKING
Alexander W. Dreyfoos School of Arts – West Palm Beach, Florida
501 S. Sapodilla Ave, WPB, FL 33401
The A.W. Dreyfoos School of the Arts is seeking a full-time faculty member to join our VISUAL ARTS department starting in the Fall of 2019 (for the 2019-20 school year and beyond).
Applicants should have a strong background in studio art, and preferably hold a degree in the realm of fine arts or have substantial experience in the field. While we prefer applicants have versatile interests, the position will have a focus on drawing and other 2D mediums.
Applicants should hold a Florida teaching certificate, or be willing and agree to earn one upon being hired with a Florida Statement of Eligibility.
Applicants are encouraged to have or organize a professional portfolio: providing examples of professional work and / or student work if you have it to share.
We request that all interested candidates apply via the position by April 21st, 2019.
JOB ID # 194166
The Alexander W. Dreyfoos School of the Arts aims to provide an outstanding arts-centered education, in concert with a strong academic program, for students with exceptional ability in communication arts, dance, music, theatre, digital media or visual arts. The faculty and staff, in partnership with students, parents, and the community, will strive to meet the individual creative and academic needs of these students.
VISUAL ARTS PROGRAM at the A.W. Dreyfoos School of the Arts
The Visual Arts Department program encourages students to explore personal visions through a variety of mediums and materials. Visual Arts students are offered through regular, honors, and Advanced Placement courses the opportunity explore art history, painting, drawing, photography, digital media, three-dimensional art, and printmaking.
VISUAL ARTS FACULTY JOB and DEPARTMENTAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE but are not limited to:
- Teach five classes in Drawing, 2D Design, and / or Printmaking of various levels.
- Adjudicate jury exams and freshman admission auditions
- Work collaboratively with faculty on curriculum development
- Communicate goals and needs to students and families of the department
- Full support of the curriculum and mission of the A.W. Dreyfoos School of the Arts Visual Arts department.
- Preparation of syllabi and class assignments both in writing and verbally.
- Mentor, encourage, and nurture young talent at varying stages of growth
- Evaluation of students and their work using departmental criteria and state standards, student feedback (all grade levels 9-12) in a clear and constructive manner.
- Submission of grades as required by the school district, school, and department.
- Professional development to maintain and / or increase knowledge of materials, techniques and new technologies.
- Maintenance of safety standards on school campus and in classroom.
- Sharing information concerning student needs, challenges and successes with any necessary Visual Arts full time and part-time faculty as needed.
- Oversight and mentoring of hourly Artist in Residence professionals in their instructional duties.
- Developing and fostering professional and constructive student/teacher relationships and maintaining appropriate professional difference and distance with students and parents at the A.W. Dreyfoos School of the Arts.
- Willing and able to adjust and adapt with work schedule for extended hours including Wednesday after school studio sessions, Saturday duties for Spring auditions, Open Houses, fundraisers, special exhibition preparatory duties and other special functions as required by the A.W. Dreyfoos School of the Arts / department.
- Helping to maintain visual arts studio spaces: organizing equipment and material storage for safe, orderly and optimal use, accounting for equipment, ordering and documenting inventory.
- Understanding, embracing and implementing our concept-based curriculum, especially processes of idea development, conceptual thinking, problem solving skills and critical discussion (including critiques).
Please Share the Visual Arts Faculty: Drawing, 2D Design, Printmaking job: