Visitor Services / AV Tech
Minnesota Street Project is currently seeking a full-time Visitor Services and AV Tech, with expert customer service skills and AV tech experience, to join our team of arts professionals.
The Visitor Services and AV Tech will report to the Director of Programming and Public Engagement.
The purpose of this role is to provide support for the Project’s four main buildings and supporting the Director of Programming and Public Engagement on providing visitors with information about the Minnesota Street Project campus, liaison to tenant and temporary galleries, and operate AV tech for all public programs and gallery events.
Visitor Services Job Responsibilities
• Greeting visitors as they enter 1275, monitoring that every person who enters wears a mask to follow SF COVID-19 safety guidelines as required
• Creating and managing reservations in reservation software
• Liaison to the galleries, check in regularly with galleries about their appointments
• Provide senior management with weekly attendance reports
• Attend bi-monthly gallery meetings and other discussions as needed to perform these tasks
• Coordinate a schedule of events for galleries
• Assist in creating signage and support materials, price lists, ordering exhibition vinyl, take away printed materials for atrium and short-term gallery exhibitions
• Monitoring Brightsigns and alerting Web & Communications Manager when update is needed
• Provide visitors with detailed information about the Project, the campus, specifics about the galleries involved, their current and upcoming exhibitions.
• Work with Facilities Director on daily operations, building’s facilities, and partnering with security
• Assist Director of Facilities and Gallery Director with ad-hoc tasks
• Keep front desk and reception area clean and up to date with COVID-19 safety standards
AV Tech Job Responsibilities
• Setup and/or operate AV equipment to support events and/or programs
• Maintain AV equipment inventory and maintenance
• Some basic electrical knowledge is a plus
• Be responsible for equipment, strike after events/programs and organize in our storage
• Assist team member(s) to ensure 100% readiness of all audio-visual equipment and peripherals
• Onsite contact for a gallery event/program AV need.
• Troubleshoot/repair AV equipment, if instructed by a supervisor
• Follow all Minnesota Street Project safety protocol and regulations
• Other related duties as assigned
• 2+ years of experience with customer service and AV tech experience
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Comfortable with client-facing interaction and public speaking to diverse audiences
• Demonstrated written and spoken communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate both internally and externally
• Fluency on multiple computer and web-based platforms including MAC OS X, Microsoft Office
• Comfortable in a fast-paced work environment, the ability to multi-task, and be flexible
• Must be available to work Tuesday-Saturday, and some nights for special events
• Proficient knowledge of AV equipment and its functions
• Valid driver’s license required
• Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. and provide physical support as needed
• Sense of humor
Please submit a single PDF that includes a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Visitor Services Position/AV tech_Last Name”.
No phone calls, please. We will respond only to applicants we intend to interview.
Thank you for your interest in Minnesota Street Project.
Minnesota Street Project offers a competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, AD&D, Paid Time Off and Parental Leave, Retirement Savings, 401-k Plan, and Pre-Taxed Commuter and Childcare Benefits.
Minnesota Street Project (Project) offers affordable and economically sustainable space for art galleries, artists, and related nonprofits in San Francisco’s historic Dogpatch district.
With over 100,000 square feet, the Project seeks to retain and strengthen San Francisco’s contemporary art community in the short-term, while developing an internationally recognized arts destination in the long-term.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minnesota Street Project provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: art gallery, customer service, and non-profit. States: California.
Please Share the Visitor Services / AV Tech job: