Full-Time Visitor Experience Representative
Job Title: Visitor Experience Representative
Department: Visitor Experience
Status: Regular, Full-Time
Schedule: Variable, Evenings and Weekends required
Reports to: Visitor Experience Manager
Pay Rate: $18.00 per hour
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA) is one of the nation’s most innovative contemporary art centers. From our leading-edge exhibitions and performances, to our groundbreaking civic initiatives and community partnerships, YBCA is where creativity, people, and new ideas collide. We believe in thinking big about the role that arts organizations can play in making short, medium, and long-term/individual and collective transformation.
Mission: We generate culture that moves people.
Vision: A community that thrives on inspiration.
The successful candidate will embody our organization’s core values.
● Abundance: We operate from a place of strength, with a spirit of empathy and generosity.
● Authentic Collaboration: We are engaged and interconnected.
● Personal Agency: We are empowered and accountable.
● Boldness: We create with courage and purpose.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Visitor Experience Representative plays a leadership role in welcoming all guests to YBCA, ensuring that all feel welcome and have a positive experience engaging with us.
This team interacts with a broad range of people daily, including visitors, special event guests, YBCA collaborators, venue rental clients, and more. In addition to making all guests feel welcome and valued, this position is accountable for processing admissions, event tickets, memberships, donations, and merchandise. This position requires a strong attention to detail and exceptional interpersonal communication skills. Ideal candidates will have prior experience in a box office environment and/or customer service.
- Create a welcoming and warm experience for all YBCA visitors
- Provide effective customer service in-person, over the phone, and via email
- Handle transactions for admissions, event tickets, memberships, donations, exchanges, refunds and merchandise
- Generate interest in YBCA’s offerings by effectively explaining them to visitors
- Suggest events, programs, and membership offerings to visitors, based on their interests
- Demonstrate a well-rounded understanding of YBCA’s mission, vision and brand
- Partner with security staff, events staff, and gallery guides to deliver an exceptional visitor experience
- Resolve customer services issues and/or elevate them to Management when appropriate
- Operate computer, printer, and telephone equipment used for transactions
- Ensure visitor data is entered into our database in an accurate and timely fashion
- Provide event support and assistance to YBCA rental clients, as needed
- Reconcile cash/checks and charges with ticket sales daily
- Attend all staff and departmental meetings as required by management and participate in cross-departmental initiatives as required
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 2 years experience in box office, ticketing or similar point-of-sale position highly preferred
- Familiarity with computerized ticketing systems (Tessitura, Eventbrite, Ticketmaster, etc)
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong teamwork orientation; able to work well with diverse staff, clients, and patrons
- Accuracy and integrity in handling financial transactions and large sums of money
- Comfortable operating PC computer systems and software, telephones and office equipment
- Ability to work variable schedules, including days, evenings, weekends, or holidays
- Must be available a minimum of 5 days a week, including at least one weekend day
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (YBCA) is committed to diversity in its programming and in creating a work culture and environment that is reflective of San Francisco Bay Area demography. YBCA encourages and actively recruits applicants representing dimensions of difference that include — but are not limited to — age, national origin, ethnicity, race, religion, ability, sexual orientation, gender or political affiliation.
YBCA will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (SF Police Code, Article 49).
Apply here: http://YBCA- Visitor Experience Representative
Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts, arts center, box office, and exhibition. States: California.
Please Share the Visitor Experience Representative job: