Full-Time Visiting Assistant Professor of Theatre
Aquinas College is seeking a one-year Visiting Assistant Professor in Theater for the 2020-2021 academic year.
This faculty member will be responsible for delivering quality, student centered, hands on active instruction in order to prepare theater related majors, minors, and general education students for diverse fields.
Teaching responsibilities will be 12 credits per semester. Directing a main stage production may constitute a reduction in credit load.
Courses may include:
- Theater for Everyone
- Acting I
- Improvisational Acting
- Stage Directing I & II
- Theater History I & II
- Theater for Youth and Education
- Theater for Social Change
- Theater Management
Other expectations include:
- Attend new faculty orientation
- Attend fall faculty institute
- Attend department and college-wide faculty meetings
- Maintaining regular office hours
- Serve on the Play Selection Advisory Committee
- Participate in other departmental and college-wide activities
Candidates must have an MA, MFA, or Ph.D. in Theater and demonstrate a strong teaching record.
As an educational community that embraces its namesake’s integration of faith and reason, Aquinas College esteems the Dominican philosophy of education rooted in prayer, study, community, and service. The Visiting Professor of Theater must be willing to support the Catholic Dominican mission of Aquinas College as expressed in its mission statement.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit the following:
1. Curriculum vitae
2. Cover letter that describes your teaching philosophy
3. Two letters of recommendation
4. Separate statement reflecting your potential contribution to the Aquinas College mission
Review of candidates will begin March 16, 2020.
Please visit this link for more information on how to apply:
Aquinas College is an equal opportunity employer and an inclusive educational community rooted in the Catholic Dominican tradition. Aquinas College provides a liberal arts education with a global perspective, emphasizes career preparation focused on leadership and service to others, and fosters a commitment to lifelong learning dedicated to the pursuit of through and the common good. Aquinas College values: Faith, Learning, Service, and Community
Job Categories: Education. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts education, assistant professor, professor, stage, teaching, and theatre. States: Michigan.
Please Share the Visiting Assistant Professor of Theatre job: