Vice President of Development
As the Chief Development officer, plans, executes and evaluates all fundraising activities of Blumenthal Performing Arts (BPA).
Directs a comprehensive program including direct and indirect supervision of all Development staff.
Collaborates with other members of the BPA senior leadership team in a shared vision to create and sustain high impact programs that benefit the entire community.
A key public representative of BPA to donors, stakeholders, and other supporters.
Reports to the President under limited supervision.
The department is responsible for annual fundraising averaging $2.5 million in support of an organization budget that typically is $38-$45 million.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans, and directs programs for major gifts, foundation and government grants, corporate sponsorship, annual membership, and planned giving.
- Researches and identifies prospects, oversees prospect management, and executes a cultivation and solicitation plan. Identifies Board and staff leadership to assist.
- Oversees creation of campaign and communications materials, as well as planning of special events.
- Manages Board Development Committee, as well as advising and reporting to all Board members on Development strategies, activities, and results.
- Manages departmental budgets.
- Represents BPA in public and private meetings of funders, donors, supporters, and stakeholders.
- Oversees travel programs for donors that build relationships, and a greater understanding of BPA’s unique mission and standing in the arts world.
- Communicates regularly with peers at other arts and non-profit institutions locally and nationally to share best practices, evaluate trends, as well as provide professional encouragement and support.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, marketing, arts management, or a related field supplemented by five years of progressively responsible experience in development, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to make presentations to individuals and groups.
- Must have a genuine interest in the arts and ability to convey the important role of the arts in creating a healthy, vibrant community. Must be able to convey genuine enthusiasm and understanding of BPA’s unique mission and programs.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that regularly includes evenings and weekends to attend performances and other events, including some travel.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment. BPA supports a wide range of programs from major shows with long lead times, to others that happen quickly and require fast turnaround.
- Must be a team player who works well with others inside and outside the organization and encourages the same in those they supervise.
- Must be able to work under stress, particularly in meeting deadlines for submission of funding applications, reports, and executing special events.
- Requires proficiency with standard office software products such as Word and Excel. Must be able, with reasonable training, to utilize fund raising specific software used by BPA such as Audience View.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: development, fund-raising, management, performing arts, and president. States: North Carolina.
Please Share the Vice President of Development job: