Full-Time Box Office Manager
The Kay Meek Centre in West Vancouver seeks an experienced person to fill the position of Box Office Manager.
Reporting to both the Executive Director and Director of Venue Services, this position is responsible for both daytime and evening operating of the box office.
This position will also work directly with the Director of Donor Relations & Audience Development on various marketing initiatives.
THE KAY MEEK ARTS CENTRE in West Vancouver is dedicated to presenting artistic excellence in a range of events including professional theatre, music, dance, film, and youth programming. Our mission is to produce, provide and present performing arts experiences and opportunities for our community and beyond. In addition to producing an exciting season of host events, the Kay Meek Arts Centre is also proud to support various community organizations as a rental venue.
• Run the Box Office during regular Box Office hours (Mon-Friday 10-5) and during ticketed events, answering phones, selling tickets in-person & over the phone, returning phone messages & emails; assist patrons through web sales
• Build the Kay Meek season (subscription packages and individual events) as well as rental client events in Spektrix ticketing system and on the Kay Meek website
• Process sales in Spektrix; print and prepare ticket mail outs
• Reconcile cash, debit, cheque, and credit card transactions
• Provide patrons with information about events and the centre and offering the highest quality of customer service
• Coordinate the house programs for each performance, including gathering content and working with the graphic designer on the production of each program
• Develop and execute various email campaigns
• Update website content and ensure it is kept current
• At least two years of experience in Box Office in performing arts venues and/or applicable Customer service experience.
• Strong Computer skills; experience in Spektrix ticketing software and/or any ticketing software is a strong asset.
• Proficiency in working with databases and pulling segmented customer lists
• Experience working with web platforms (i.e.: Squarespace)
• Some writing skills and experience with email campaigns an asset
• Experience dealing with cash floats, reconciling reports and inventory.
• Ability to: work under pressure in a fast paced, reactive environment; work flexible hours including mornings, evenings, and weekends; motivate volunteers and staff in a friendly and outgoing manner
• Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated worker who is able to work without supervision, and has superior communication and people skills
Location: West Vancouver, BC, Canada
Salary: $18 Per hour – Minimum 30 hours per week.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit cover letter and resumé as PDF or Word document, BY EMAIL ONLY.
Kay Meek Centre Email: email@example.com *Please note the position title in the subject line*
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts center, box office, Canada, manager, performing arts, sales, and theatre. States: >> Canada.
Please Share the Box Office Manager job: