Tour Actor / Director
Hiring urgently – Contract dates:
ASAP to August 20, 2023 with a break in December
BHP tour teams are responsible for auditioning, casting, rehearsing, and performing with children K-12th grades in communities throughout South Dakota and the surrounding states. Experience in musical theatre and/or theatre education preferred.
The tour team works onsite approximately 30-35 hours over a week’s time.
The week comes to an end with two performances of an hour-long musical with the BHP Actor/Directors performing supporting roles alongside the children.
The tour team also conducts educational workshops as part of each residency week.
Tour teams must work together to create an exciting and memorable experience for each community.
BHP tour teams are responsible for the loading, unloading, set up and tear down of set, sound and lights as well as minor costume repairs as needed.
The tour teams work with the BHP Education Team to coordinate merchandise sales and tour business as assigned. If not booked for a tour residency, tour teams act as BHP support staff when needed.
This position works closely with children and other vulnerable populations. A pre-employment background check and proof of vaccination against COVID are required.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
- Excellent teamwork, communication, customer service, and people skills required
- Well-rounded performance skills
- Vocal music experience
- An outgoing, enthusiastic, and positive attitude
- Show initiative in problem-solving
- The ability to work successfully and ethically with children
- The ability to work calmly under pressure
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Passion for sharing your love of theatre to the next generation
Reports to: Program Coordinator
This position is designed for 30+ hour/wk. Due to the nature of the role, considerable flexibility will be required as to the pattern of the work. Evening and weekend work will be involved and travel is a must.
This is a full time, year-round position.
● $415 per week on the road
● Use of a company owned tour vehicle and all necessary items for production
● Housing provided
● Job related expenses while on tour
● Use of a company cell phone and laptop as needed
● Percentage commission of merchandise sales
● Ability to attend regional performing arts events
● HRA health reimbursement account
This position is based out of Sioux Falls, South Dakota, and tours SD and the surrounding states.
APPLY HERE! airtable.com/shr3qe4Q0CR9KeUri
Employment Equity Statement
The Black Hills Playhouse strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, and veterans to apply or audition. We are an equal opportunity employer and applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: artist, director, and teaching. States: South Dakota.
Please Share the Tour Actor / Director job: