Full-Time Theatre Tenure -Track Faculty
APPLY METHOD: MSU DENVER’S CAREER SITE ONLY
APPLICATION LINK: http://www.msudenverjobs.com/postings/11420
ABOUT MSU DENVER:
MSU Denver is a leader in educating Coloradans in university programs particularly relevant to the state’s economy and the demands of today’s employers. With the highest number of ethnically diverse students among the state’s four-year colleges, MSU Denver offers 58 majors plus master’s degrees in accounting, teaching and social work. More than 20,000 students are currently enrolled at MSU Denver, and 75 percent of the University’s nearly 77,000 graduates have remained in Colorado as valuable members of the state’s workforce. Located in downtown Denver, MSU Denver shares the 175-acre Auraria Campus with two other post-secondary institutions.
Metropolitan State University of Denver’s vision is to become the preeminent public urban university in the nation.
Along with ongoing training and development opportunities, MSU Denver and the Learning and Development team are proud to offer the Professional Development Fund for full-time staff and the Employee Undergraduate Tuition Scholarship for benefits-eligible faculty and staff.
Effective Fall 2018, MSU Denver will pay full tuition costs (Undergraduate) for benefit eligible employees, their spouses, and eligible dependents. Benefit eligible employees will receive up to 9 credit hours per academic semester of fully paid tuition. Spouses and eligible dependents are allowed up to 12 credit hours per academic semester of fully paid tuition. Student and book fees are not paid for.
Benefits are effective the date of hire.
- 192 hours of annual and sick leave
- 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- 6 weeks of paid sick leave
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Flexible Medical and Dependent Care Benefit Plans
Metropolitan State University of Denver is a comprehensive, liberal arts, baccalaureate-degree granting, urban university that offers arts and sciences, professional, and business courses and programs to a diverse student population in an atmosphere of mutual respect. Excellence in teaching and learning is MSU Denver’s primary objective.
The mission of MSU Denver is to provide a high-quality, accessible, enriching education that prepares students for successful careers, post-graduate education, and lifelong learning in a multicultural, global, and technological society. To fulfill its mission, MSU Denver’s diverse university community engages the community at large in scholarly inquiry, creative activity, and the application of knowledge.
The Department of Theatre produces two musicals and two dramas each year, develops and tours original works, and cultivates strong community partnerships as it moves forward with its goal of preeminence.
The Theatre Department maintains a consistent commitment to excellence and a basic philosophy that theatre is an inclusive experience that helps students develop skills that can support them as they work in a multitude of professions; thus, our program’s motto is theatre as “Equipment for Living.”
The Department of Theatre offers a BA in Theatre, BFA concentrations in Music Theatre and Applied Theatre Technology and Design, and a Theatre Minor. MSU Denver is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Theatre (NAST).
The University is particularly interested in applicants who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for under-represented groups.
- Responsibilities include teaching a variety of theatre courses that may include but are not limited to: Directing, Introduction to Theatre, Basic & Advanced Acting (styles and/or film/TV), and Stage Movement (movement and/or dance movement for the actor).
- Potential to teach Improvisational Theatre, Acting for the Camera, Oral Interpretation, Readers Theatre, or other related performance fields.
- Teach four classes (12 credit hours per semester).
- Potential to direct up to two productions per academic year (3 credits of release/reassigned time per production) only as assigned.
- Work with the theatre faculty and staff to develop and maintain theatre program curriculum and facilities.
- Encourage relationship building with local and regional theatres for the purpose of internships, work opportunities, and job networking.
- Demonstrate the ability to support established departmental philosophies and policies while collaborating with other faculty, staff, administration, students, guest artists, and diverse student communities.
- Engage in professional development, service, and advising activities within the discipline (as determined by University and Departmental guidelines) and in consultation with the Chair of Theatre.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Chair of Theatre.
- This position reports to the Chair of Theatre.
- MSU Denver is particularly interested in applicants who have the ability to work with students from a wide range of backgrounds, are sensitive to the educational needs of a diverse urban population, and have a demonstrated commitment to providing higher education access to under-represented groups.
Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer.
- A Doctorate Degree plus two years of theatre experience in a professional setting; or
- An MFA plus three years of theatre experience in a professional setting; or
- A Master’s Degree plus four years of theatre experience in a professional setting.
- Degree must be in theatre or related field.
- Degree must be completed by date of application.
- Experience, training, demonstrated excellence, and currency as a theatre director (non-musicals and musicals) at a professional or university level;
- Experience, training, demonstrated excellence, and currency as a performer and/or movement expert/professional (non-musicals and musicals) at a professional level.
- Experience, training, demonstrated excellence, and currency in voice production and vocal performance for the performer at a professional level.
- Primary experience in teaching Directing, Basic & Advanced Acting (styles and/or film/TV), Stage Movement (movement and/or dance movement for the actor), and Introduction to Theatre.
- Secondary experience in teaching Improvisational Theatre, Acting for the Camera, Oral Interpretation, Readers Theatre, or other related performance fields.
- Experience, knowledge, passion, and sensitivity to the educational needs of a diverse urban student population including (but not limited to) students of color, LBGTQIA students, student from low-income backgrounds, first-generation students, students with disabilities, undocumented students, non-traditional students, student veterans and English language learners.
RANK & SALARY:
The final salary will commensurate with experience and education.
APPOINTMENT: Fall 2019
APPLICATION LINK: http://www.msudenverjobs.com/postings/11420
DEADLINE: Open Until Filled. Complete applications received by November 6th, 2018 will receive full consideration. Position is open until filled.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, http://www.msudenverjobs.com/postings/11420
MSU DENVER TUITION BENEFIT:
Please Share the Theatre Tenure -Track Faculty job: