Theatre Production, Technical Director→ Lawrence Township, New Jersey, United States
The Performing Arts Department of the School of Communication, Media and Performing Arts at Rider University is seeking a Theatre Production Technical Director.
This position is responsible for the execution of all scenic elements for all productions of the department’s season. The season includes three musicals, three plays, two dance concerts and two operas of varying scale respectful to calendar and resources allotted. Support is provided to a musical theater cabaret and class showcases each semester.
Among the key responsibilities are the following:
- Team closely with the Director of Performance Production Management, Lighting Director, design faculty and university Facilities Management.
- Monitor the scene shops, storage, and performance spaces.
- Develop construction and installation drawings and rigging plans.
- Maintain production materials and supplies.
- Deliver scenic elements safely and in adherence to schedule and budget.
- Supervise student carpentry staff and student assistants.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Prior experience as a Theatre Technical professional aligned with the job responsibilities.
- Demonstrated Carpentry and rigging.
- Demonstrated Computer Aided Drafting.
- Ability to interpret designers’ work.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work with all individuals at a professional level at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and supervise staff and students.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills and the ability to approach challenges collaboratively.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work efficiently with overlapping productions.
- Ability and comfort working in high spaces from ladders and aerial lifts.
- Ability to safely handle objects in excess of 50lbs.
- Satisfactory background and/or DMV checks required
Position Preferred Qualifications/Experience:
- M.F.A. in Technical Direction or related field.
- Technical director in an academic setting.
- Automation and mechanical drive systems.
- ETCP certified
- First Aid Training
- Metal working and welding skills.
- Certified to operate aerial lifts.
How to Apply
To apply for position no.300097, please visit RiderHires at rider.peopleadmin.com/postings/9126
WHY RIDER UNIVERSITY??
– We take pride in our progress and the positive impact it has on our students and the University.
Rider University is committed to fostering an inclusive, vibrant living and learning community that embraces students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds and enables them to achieve success.
Rider University is consistently ranked as a best college by U.S. News and World Report, The Wall Street Journal and The Princeton Review. For more than a decade, Rider has also been recognized in The Princeton Review’s Guide to Green Colleges for its sustainability efforts.
Rider University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: director, performing arts, production, technical director, and university. States: New Jersey.