Theater Apprenticeships (multiple fields, multiple apprenticeships)
PORTLAND STAGE COMPANY seeks apprentices for its 2022-2023 season.
All Portland Stage employees, apprentices and guest artists agree to create a work environment that respects diverse ideas, races, genders, sexualities, abilities, culture, and religions, contribute to working in an anti-racist theater, and value Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA).
Apprenticeships are available in Directing/Dramaturgy, Education, Arts Administration (Company Management, Development, Marketing), Stage Management, and all areas of Production (Lights/Sound, Costumes, Sets).
The Portland Stage Apprenticeship Program is committed to training future generations of theater professionals.
Applicants should be highly motivated individuals who have acquired basic training in the theater arts and are looking to explore their field further through meaningful hands-on experience.
Portland Stage apprentices can expect to be challenged by a creative process that relies on both ingenuity and collaboration.
Apprentices at Portland Stage work with leading designers, directors, administrators, and our professional production team throughout the season. They leave with a greater knowledge of the theatrical process and the satisfaction of being part of a dedicated theater company where exceptional quality is the end goal.
What you can expect:
- The hours are full time (40 hours a week) and the schedule will likely fluctuate from week to week.
- Furnished housing, utilities (electricity, heat, internet), and a $100 weekly stipend will be provided.
- Limited scholarships available for those with financial need.
- There will be physical tasks that require repeated lifting
- of at least 40 lbs and bending, as well as possibly being on ladders, lifts, or catwalks. Please note that some areas of the theater facility are not handicap-accessible.
- Everyone will be on run crew at least twice. Some apprenticeships have more run crew expectations than others. Some run crew positions might require that you appear onstage in a costume.
- There is an additional Swing Run Crew position for each production that will function essentially as an understudy for the production run crew and may sub in to run shows as needed to provide time off for other run crew members.
- College credit can be arranged.
- The minimum commitment is from late August through May; Production Apprentices could start as early as mid-July and Education Apprentices may be invited to stay as late as early August.
See Apprenticeship FAQ on website for additional details.
To apply, download application at www.portlandstage.org/work-with-us/apprenticeships…↗↗ and submit via email.
Deadline: March 15.
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Internship. Job Tags: administration, directing, education, and production. States: Maine.
Please Share the Theater Apprenticeships (multiple fields, multiple apprenticeships) job: