Technical Theatre Faculty / Facilities Manager
TECHNICAL THEATRE FACULTY/FACILITIES MANAGER POSITION
The Alexander W. Dreyfoos School of the Arts in West Palm Beach, Florida is seeking a full-time theatre technician for instructional and facilities management duties to begin August 2022.
The award winning Alexander W. Dreyfoos School of the Arts is a public magnet arts high school serving Palm Beach County, Florida and takes pride in educating the next generation of artists. DSOA is one of the most unique schools in the United States. Each year this audition and portfolio admission-based public school brings together a class of amazingly diverse, highly motivated, and driven students. DSOA’s curriculum is a hybrid, where high-level academics and arts intersect.
The Technical Theatre Faculty/Facilities Manager will operate two production spaces, one main stage theatre and one black box theatre coordinating rehearsals and performances for all art departments: music, dance, theatre, communications, visual arts, and digital media. Knowledge of lighting and sound equipment is necessary; knowledge of theatrical carpentry and/or supervisory experience in a scene shop or properties shop is recommended. Instructional opportunities for technical theatre students in the candidate’s area of expertise are available. Candidates should be well-versed in equipment management and safety standards, and should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong organizational and collaborative skills, and a commitment to arts education.
- Operation of two performance spaces: mainstage and black box
- Coordinate rehearsals, performances, and events school-wide
- Maintenance and repair scheduling for lighting and sound equipment
- Instruction on lighting, sound, or any area of expertise within technical theatre, and mentor, encourage, and nurture young talent at varying stages of growth
- Work collaboratively with administration and art department faculty in production scheduling and support
- Strong evidence of managing a production space
- Previous experience in a technical theatre scene shop
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced arts school environment
- Bonus specialties in projection design and current theatre technology a plus
How to Apply
Please email the following ASAP to email@example.com
- Letter of intent outlining skills and appropriateness for the position
- Current CV
- Contact information for three references who can speak to your professional expertise
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: faculty, lighting, manager, sound, technical, and theatre. States: Florida.
Please Share the Technical Theatre Faculty / Facilities Manager job: