Technical Services Associate (Assistant Technical Director)
The University of Texas at Dallas (UT Dallas) is currently seeking a qualified Technical Services Associate (Assistant Technical Director). As a rapidly growing research institution on the cutting edge of science, technology, medicine, business and the arts, UT Dallas attracts a diverse group of students, staff and faculty members to the vibrant, dynamic and globally connected Dallas-Fort Worth area.
This position will assist the Technical Services Manager in supervising student workers and performing administrative duties for the theater program and events using the theater, as well as providing technical support in the areas of lighting, sound, video, staging, special effects, rigging and scenery; setup and operate technical equipment; ensure the proper and safe operation of all technical equipment; provide maintenance of light and sound equipment as needed.
Annual salary range $41,000 to $51,000
Bachelor’s degree in fine art, or a related field. A minimum of one year of experience as a technical theater professional.
BA/BFA degree and three years of relevant experience to demonstrate a working knowledge of stage management, stage carpentry, theatrical rigging, lighting, and audio practices,
MA/MFA degree and relevant experience to demonstrate a working knowledge of stage management, stage carpentry, theatrical rigging, lighting, and audio
• Collaborate closely with the AHT Technical Director on all aspects of production design and development;
• Provide direct support for faculty and students in mounting student productions, as assigned by the Technical Director;
• As Scene Shop Foreman, supervise production team project management, including complex scheduling of design, build, production, and strike protocols, coordinating with Technical Director;
• Hire, manage, and schedule all student workers for AHT productions and events as requested, including specialized training;
• Manage sound and lighting needs for all AHT event spaces, including but not limited to University Theatre, Jonsson Performance Hall, and Rehearsal Hall;
• Collaborate with AHT Tech Resources staff to manage all video needs as requested;
• Review and advise on all technical riders of contracts for prospective performers, entertainers, and groups, including technical requirements with existing or rental lighting and sound equipment;
• Coordinate with production crews for guest performers or groups, including specific requirements to ensure complete facilities preparation and compliance with university policies;
• Manage preventive maintenance and periodic testing of lighting and sound equipment for safety and reliability; and
• Maintain library of trade publications, technical manuals, safety data sheets, and other information; maintain professional currency through professional development trainings/certification.
Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Apply directly to jobs.utdallas.edu/postings/21279
We look forward to hearing from you.
Job Categories: Education. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: administration, director, technical director, technical theatre, theatre, and university. States: Texas.
Please Share the Technical Services Associate (Assistant Technical Director) job: