Internship Technical Intern
Spoleto Festival USA Technical Intern – Spring Semester
For 17 days and nights each spring, Spoleto Festival USA fills Charleston, South Carolina’s historic theaters, churches, and outdoor spaces with performances by renowned artists as well as emerging performers in opera; theater; dance; and chamber, symphonic, choral, and jazz music. Now approaching its 43rd season, Spoleto Festival USA is internationally recognized as America’s premier performing arts festival.
Spoleto Festival USA is seeking a current college student for a spring semester Technical internship beginning January 2019 and running through June 2019.
Our Technical Intern program provides an opportunity to learn about the world of performing arts and acquire hands-on experience under the guidance of professional arts administrators and technicians in producing an international arts festival.
The Technical Intern works directly with Spoleto’s Director of Production and Production Office Manager. Additionally, they will receive exposure to a wide range of technical professionals, designers and artists throughout the course of the internship. The Technical Intern plays an integral part of the process and will assist with a variety of duties to include technical advance work & rider review, technical planning and budgeting, drafting, coordination of load-in and load-out schedules, and communication & correspondence with scenic construction companies. Spoleto’s Technical Intern program will cultivate and nurture the skills necessary to succeed in the fast-paced & high stress professional environments students will face post-graduation.
Ideal candidates will fulfill the following requirements:
- Must be a current student working towards a BA/BS in Technical Theatre, Scenic Design, or Production Management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Knowledge and experience in lighting, sound, rigging, and scenic construction required
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Vectorworks or other CAD software
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on the ability to synthesize information clearly and in a timely fashion
- Aerial platform and forklift certification are a plus
- Ability to lift and transport up to 50 lbs.
- Must be comfortable and able to work in the following conditions: low light or no light environments, catwalks, climbing ladders, confined spaces, standing for long periods of time
Interns are responsible for providing an outline of your school’s requirements for academic credit and arranging all necessary paperwork.
This is an unpaid internship for college credit.
$7,000 stipend for housing and living expenses provided.
HOW TO APPLY
Spoleto Festival USA seeks to recruit and maintain a diverse workforce. Applicants from populations historically underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter and a minimum of 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Candidates must be available to live and work in Charleston, SC from January 2019 – June 2019.
For more information about Spoleto Festival USA please visit www.spoletousa.orgJob Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Internship. Job Tags: internship, music, production, technical, and theatre. States: South Carolina.
Please Share the Technical Intern job: