Full-Time Technical Director – New Conservatory Theatre Center
New Conservatory Theatre Center is hiring a Technical Director
NCTC Mission Statement The New Conservatory Theatre Center champions innovative high quality productions & educational theatre experiences for youth, artists, and the queer & allied communities to effect personal & societal growth, enlightenment and change.
The Technical Director (TD) is a hands on position that works under the supervision of the Executive Director and in association with the Artistic Director to ensure all technical aspects of all productions are planned, scheduled, coordinated, happen within budget, on time, and in accordance with the artistic vision of NCTC and the project. Scenic construction and design skills, basic knowledge of electrics, projection, and sound systems required.
This position is responsible for supervising all aspects of production including hiring and supervision of all production personnel and some artistic personnel (in conjunction with the Artistic Director), working with directors and designers to ensure top quality productions, creating and maintaining production budgets, facility management and oversight. The TD insures overall facility and production needs are met including load-in, construction, strike, purchasing, repairs, special events (both on and off site) touring, general technical support, and shop maintenance for scene shop, electrical, sound and prop area, and costume shop
The TD creates and manages the work schedule of the production department, including the Master Carpenter, Master Electrician and all production overhire.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the theatre’s resources (physical, human and financial) to insure the successful realization of all production elements of all shows in the season.
- Support and advise directors and designers during the creative process. Guide all director/design teams through the design process to guarantee the timely completion of all designs.
- Develop and administer production calendars and design deadlines for each production.
- Coordinate and conduct all design and production meetings.
- Manage upkeep and maintenance of theatre facility, equipment inventory, shop and storage areas.
- Oversee inventory and maintenance of all shop, lighting, costume and sound equipment.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to create a yearly production budget; manage production budget – submit receipts and reports.
- Assist with engagement and stewardship special events.
- At least two years prior experience as Technical Director, Production Manager or Master Carpenter
- Strong leadership and creative abilities.
- The capacity to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, detail-oriented environment that requires responsiveness and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with design software, Google suite and Q lab
- Design experience a plus
HOW TO APPLY:
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
No calls please
For further information visit nctcsf.org
Please Share the Technical Director – New Conservatory Theatre Center job: