Full-Time Technical Director/Production Mananger
This position oversees and guides the production process of the TexARTS Academy season of 6-youth productions and the A.E.A./SPT Tier 1 TexARTS Professional Series of 5-musicals and plays. The Production Manager reports directly to the Executive Director and is in charge of managing all technical aspects of the productions. The position is full-time and salaried. This position requires strong volunteer and personnel management skills and oversees the cost effectiveness and planning of the entire production process for our professional and academy productions.
- Determine technical staffing needs, contract and hire production teams and running crews for academy shows. Work with executive producer of the profession series to hire production teams and running crews for the TexARTS Professional Series.
- Create the production calendar and drive the project plans. This includes setting design due dates, design meetings, rehearsals, scenery build and load–in schedules, electrics hang and focus, technical and dress rehearsals, and performances.
- Create the schedules for load in, work calls during technical and preview rehearsals, and load out for each production.
- Research plays selected for production in terms of technical needs.
- Create and lead or co-lead production meetings.
- Communicate budgets and calendar to directors, designers, and production staff.
- Act as liaison for between guest directors and designers and the production department.
- Secure required facilities for rehearsals and performances.
- Oversee the construction and installation of all physical sets.
- Manage the volunteer needs (including carpenters, painters, backstage personnel).
- Responsible setting expectations for production personnel, auditing, and evaluating performance to expectations.
- Ensure that all technical and production elements are delivered on time and on budget.
- Responsible for negotiating contracts in all aspects of production as well as filing the appropriate paperwork.
- Budget and report the financial accounting of the show’s expenses and revenues.
- Ensure that rules of the actors’ union, Actors’ Equity Association, are being followed.
- Coordinate production elements for all special events.
- Ensure that directors’ and designers’ artistic vision is fulfilled within our resources.
- Be willing to work a mixture of business hours, nights and weekends as dictated by the production schedule.
- Work closely with the Executive Director, Academy Director, Marketing and Business Manager, and Stage Management.
- A minimum of three years’ experience, preferably with a nonprofit theatre.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to multi-task, plan and prioritize work-flow, and meet deadlines.
- Broad technical knowledge of theater equipment and its use.
- Basic carpentry skills.
- Ability to perform in a small, team environment, while working independently.
- Must possess integrity and great customer focus.
- Supervisory experience.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Skilled at conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Commitment to safe work habits.
- Physical ability to lift 50lbs and work at heights.
- Must have driver’s license and clean driving record.
Applicants for this position should send a resume, cover letter, and three references to: email@example.com
No phone inquiries, please.
Though we appreciate applicants taking the time to submit materials for consideration, we are a small office and only those candidates with whom we are interested in talking with further will be contacted. EOE.
Job Start Date
ImmediatelyJob Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: design, director, manager, non-profit, production, recruitment, technical, and theatre. States: Texas.
Please Share the Technical Director/Production Mananger job: