Technical Director / Production Manager
Technical Director/Production Manager
We are excited to welcome into our Lyric family a dynamic team member who can uphold our reputation of providing expert and professional event and operational management, serving and engaging with a diverse array of artists, tours, clients, and guests. Known for its presentation of a wide variety of events, The Lyric Theatre is a 500-seat historic proscenium venue.
The Technical Director/Production Manager (TD) serves as a critical member of the team and is responsible for all technical and logistical aspects of The Lyric and Renter presentations. The TD hires and supervises a range of tech staff in addition to maintaining and safeguarding the technical assets of the facility. The TD provides production management for the use of the theatre space by renters and facilitates repair and maintenance of the theatre resources and equipment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Applicants must have knowledge of proper audio systems procedures and practices; working knowledge of lighting design and lighting consoles and software; working knowledge of theater rigging and standard Road House practices; good working knowledge of computers and software, ability to exercise good judgment, and communicate effectively both orally and written; strong organizational skills and ability to work in a multiple task environment; ability to supervise staff and maintain positive interpersonal relations with staff, renters, and patrons.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the planning, evaluation, scheduling, implementation, engineering, and supervision of all technical and production elements.
- Determines the necessary technical supports, such as lighting, sound, staging, backline, and special needs, necessary for events and performances in advance of production
- Hires, recruits, and manages all crew and
- Work with President / CEO to generate booking offers, contracts, technical and production advances, along with any other needs as required by contract.
- Oversee performance riders, ensuring all equipment is planned for, and the event is properly staffed by the technical team.
- Maintains and operates sound, lighting, stage, and other technical equipment and
- Assists with the preparation of and manage technical operation budgets; maintain inventory and order specialized
- Ensures that invoices for payment and/or receipts for disbursement, with respect to authorized expenditures, are promptly submitted, being proficient and efficient with all expenditures made within the
- Maintains current knowledge of all equipment and supervises training on all Monitors the condition of equipment, including lighting, sound, and rigging equipment, and performs preventive maintenance on equipment
- Develops, implements, and monitors policies to ensure a safe work environment in the backstage and stage
- Serves as Building Supervisor after normal hours of operation or during assigned productions and rental
- Stays abreast of new technology and software relative to lighting and audio engineering, and audio-visual.
- Partners with Facilities where facilities and technical systems overlap.
- Additional duties as assigned by the President / CEO
Ideal candidates will have experience working in a professional performing arts environment with a minimum of 3-5 years previous experience as a Technical Director preferred. Candidates with equivalent experience in technical production, including live performance lighting, sound, AV, or a commercial production company, are encouraged to apply.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Working knowledge of live event operations, including but not limited to lighting, computerized lighting systems, sound, audiovisual, and projections with a high level of knowledge in one or more of the areas above.
- Superior attention to detail while meeting deadlines.
- Exemplary customer service skills.
- Ability to supervise staff and lead a team required.
- Demonstrated ability to take and follow direction.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work within multiple budget lines.
- Understanding of the event production process, tech needs, and ability to clearly communicate with Center staff, partners, renters, and other stakeholders.
- Excellent in-person, email, and phone communication skills.
- General computer skills, including Microsoft Office products and Google Workspace.
- Expertise in carpentry, rigging, and using standard theatrical construction techniques is a benefit.
- Working knowledge of appropriate safety precautions and procedures.
- Valid driver’s license with a safe driving record and a reliable personal vehicle.
- Candidates must be able to lift 50 pounds and manage sustained physical activity.
- Sense of humor.
Interest applicants – Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Technical Director/Production Manager in the subject line
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: performing arts, production management, technical director, and technical theatre. States: Florida.
Please Share the Technical Director / Production Manager job: