Temporary Technical Director
The Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School is looking for a technical director for its middle school musical for hire immediately. The technical director is a part-time position.
The technical director will:
- Design and construct the set for Rock of Ages: Middle School Edition, repurposing the set from the high school musical into the middle school set, striking necessary elements of the sets, and constructing/creating additional elements as needed, and/or repainting already existing pieces of the set
- Handle all matters related to lighting for the production, including refocusing lights, setting light cues (with the student lighting technician), and gelling lights as needed
- Attend all tech rehearsals and the invited dress rehearsal
- Troubleshoot problems with the set and lights during tech week and the run of the show
- Strike the set following the run of the show
Work hours are largely flexible and independent; they may take place during the school day or in the evening.
Dates of tech rehearsals are:
- Thursday, March 7, 4-6 PM
- Sunday, March 10, time TBD
- Monday, March 11 4-6 PM
- Tuesday, March 12, Invited Dress Rehearsal at 5 PM
- Wednesday, March 13, 4-6 PM
Dates of performance are:
- Thursday, March 14, 7:30 PM
- Sunday, March 17, 2 PM
The ideal candidate will have experience with sets and lighting and hold a BA. The school is also open to considering two candidates, one for sets and one for lighting.
For the full job description, and to submit an application, please go to: www.cesjds.org/careersJob Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Temporary. Job Tags: design, director, and school. States: Maryland.
Please Share the Technical Director job: