Part-Time Tech Director
The Strand Theatre, a non-profit movie house and concert venue, located on the coast in beautiful Rockland, Maine, is hiring a Tech Director.
Opened in 1923, and completely renovated and updated in 2005, the 350-seat Strand Theatre is the vibrant heart of an artistically rich community. Offering 180 different events annually, that range from independent film, live broadcast of the MET Opera, Bolshoi Ballet, and London’s National Theatre, concerts featuring national and global acts, lectures, conferences and other special programs, the Strand serves 40,000 patrons each year.
All technical aspects of live presentations (concerts, lectures, and theatrical events) and includes, but is not limited to, contacting performers and presenters to advance the show and assess their technical needs, show set up, staging and breakdown, and operation of audio and lighting during presentation.
Management and implementation of scheduled and emergency repairs and maintenance of sound and lighting equipment—oversee existing systems, design, schedule, and install upgrades.
Working with Strand House Manager/Chief Projectionist to manage a variety of facility related matters.
Working with Executive Director to anticipate upcoming equipment expenditures, plan and draft budgets accordingly.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of complex audio, lighting, projection and computer systems required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: functioning as part of a small team, interacting with performing artists and vendors, implementing and planning tech details with rental event customers, and working around an audience.
- Curiosity and a willingness to learn
- Robust aptitude for problem solving
- Strong organizational skills—flexible and capable of working independently
- Theater Tech graduate or relative work experience
Position is currently contracted per event (30-40 hours per month), however, there may be an opportunity to combine Tech Director responsibilities with additional duties—including projection work and assistant house management—to create a full-time position for the right candidate.
New hire will train with current/retiring Tech Director.
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
The Strand Theatre
Attn: Tech Director Search
PO Box 433
Rockland, ME 04841
Or to: email@example.com
Please Share the Tech Director job: