Part-Time Teaching Artists – Theatre
Marquee Youth Stage is a 501(c)3 arts education organization committed to helping young people grow as performing artists. In addition to teaching the craft of theatre and performing arts, we strive to inspire and empower youth with the skills to serve the community, work as a team, problem solve, take risks, and become agents of positive change. Join us as we tap into the transformative power of theatre arts, and witness students’ confidence take flight onstage.
We are seeking teaching artists with a professional background in theatre, acting and working with/educating youth.
This is an awesome opportunity for artists who love theatre, acting, dancing and singing and want to share their knowledge with kids who are also passionate to learn and grow as artists.
• Experience working with children, grades K-12
• Theater training (singing and dancing training are a plus!)
• Ability to supervise groups of children of different ages and create a safe, fun, and inspiring learning environment.
• Have a vehicle, and be willing to drive to the western suburbs of St Charles
• Strong communication skills, especially with parents and Marquee staff
• Willing to design and follow lesson plans and produce a 10 minute showcase for workshops
If interested, this opportunity may lead to more creative, directing and teaching opportunities as the need arises.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please Share the Teaching Artists – Theatre job: