Full-Time Teaching Artists & Teaching Artist Assistants
Teaching Artists & Teaching Artist Assistants–Documentary Film & Multimedia Arts (multiple positions)
About Creative Art Works
Creative Art Works (“CAW”) is a 32-year-old creative youth development nonprofit.
We improve the lives of thousands of under-resourced youth, ages 4-24 each year through in-school and out-of-school-time classes, community art-making events, and our renowned public art youth employment program.
Working in underserved neighborhoods of NYC, in public schools, community centers, juvenile detention centers, parks and libraries, CAW provides dynamic arts experiences for youth who otherwise lack access.
Our programs build confidence, unlock a love of learning, and teach valuable technical, developmental, life and job skills, all while creating profound connections between our young constituents, their art, and their communities.
Summary Creative Art Works seeks dynamic and experienced documentary filmmakers and multimedia teaching artists for opportunities this summer, beginning in mid-June. Areas of concentration may include videography/video editing and production, graphic design, desktop publishing and associated programs (e.g., Photoshop & InDesign), digital photography and photo editing, public service ads and the like.
All projects require strong storytelling skills.
Successful candidates will demonstrate strong professional experience in their respective discipline, experience teaching teens and/or young adults; and will possess a passion for creative youth development.
Teaching artists must have strong classroom management skills and be able to facilitate discussions for reflection.
Experience working with at-risk youth and/or in underserved communities, in social or restorative justice and/or workforce development, a plus.
• Commit to the duration of the program (Late June – Mid August).
• Collaborate with program and executive management staff to develop lesson planning and implement programs.
• Represent Creative Art Works in interactions with program partners and other stakeholders.
• Embrace the role of mentor and model respectful communication with other staff and students.
• Participate in professional development sessions.
• Deliver accurate and timely documentation, including registrations, attendance, evaluations and assessments, lesson plans, etc.,as required.
• Commit to the artistic process as a vehicle for youth development.
• Prepare student artwork for exhibition/culminating event.
• Manage coordination of site with support of CAW staff.
Creative Art Works offers competitive pay for instruction time, prep time, curriculum development and out-of-class time duties, and includes employment benefits such as portable insurance. All offers are conditional pending background check, fingerprinting and references, satisfactory to CAW.
English required, Spanish a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit cover letter, résumé, portfolio and/or links and via e-mail to email@example.com
with “[Your Name]: Documentary Film and Multimedia Teaching Artist” in the subject line.
Apply for this Job