Part-Time Teaching Artist, In-School Programs
At Hubbard Street Dance Chicago, we bring artists, art and audiences together to enrich, engage, and change lives through the experience of dance.
We are seeking dynamic, results-oriented and mission-driven individuals to join our Education department as teaching artists and assistant teaching artists (part-time) for our in-school programs. Hubbard Street offers unique and innovative residencies that allow schools to incorporate dance into their classrooms and curricula. Hubbard Street teaching artists are responsible for leading these residencies, integrating dance with other subjects while introducing students to improvisation and choreography. Teaching artists are an integral part of all residencies’ curriculum planning and documentation, and will meet with classroom teachers prior to and throughout each residency. Hubbard Street teaching artists receive paid professional development and training. Classes are for students in Chicago and suburban schools in grades preK–12.
● Develop, teach, and document arts-integrated curriculum that focuses on the creative process.
● Attend all Teaching Artist professional development workshops and implement new learning in teaching practice.
● Develop and implement assessment tools embedded within programming.
● Participate in research and evaluation of student work and program model.
● Collaborate with classroom teachers and colleagues to create innovative residency experiences for students.
● Hubbard Street gives preference to candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for equality, diversity and inclusion.
● BA required, MA preferred for lead teaching artists.
● Knowledge of state and national core arts standards.
● Experience with arts integration.
● Spanish language skills a plus.
● Significant teaching experience in a school setting preferred.
● Background in choreography and improvisation.
● Professional demeanor when interacting with students, partner teachers and staff.
● Ability to travel to various locations and schools in the Chicago area.
Please send cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your interest and qualifications, along with a resume (PDF format). Please include TEACHING ARTIST in the subject line of your email.
No phone calls, please.
Please Share the Teaching Artist, In-School Programs job: