Part-Time Teaching Artist / Director
The Play Group Theatre, a Westchester based company dedicated to providing theatre making and diverse performance opportunities to children and teenagers, is seeking Teaching Artists and Directors for the upcoming season. PGT’s programming includes several MainStage shows, a Theatre Lab program, an Improv and Cabaret Troupe, Design/Tech, and Arts in Education for ages 7-18, and Little Theatre for ages 4-6. All programs are held in our facility in White Plains, NY.
We are seeking applicants who possess imagination, flexibility, and the desire to work with children and teenagers of varied ages in a creatively charged and artistically demanding, yet nurturing environment. Applicants must be prepared to work as a member of a strong creative team and to lead students in creative work that is moving towards a quality end goal, while still giving focus to the artistic process.
Applicants should possess:
- A BFA/BA/MFA or equivalent
- Minimum 2-4 years teaching experience and a desire to work with children and teens, ages 4-17
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Grace and a sense of humor under pressure
- The desire to practice collaboration
- The qualities necessary to be a positive role model for children and teenagers
- The ability to apply the “yes AND” rule of improv to the workplace and to creative tasks
- Experience being bombarded with children and all their stuff and a good deal of noise – and thrive in that setting
PGT’s 20,000 square foot Facility includes:
- 228 seat MainStage Theatre
- 100 seat Jonah Mac Black Box Theatre
- Scene Shop
- Costume Shop and Collection
- Rehearsal Studios
- Green Room and Dressing Rooms
- Education Office, Executive Office and Box Office
The Play Group Theatre has a core value of inclusion. We believe that a truly diverse arts community is necessary to serve all students, make meaningful art, and reflect the broad range of cultures within our wider community.
The Play Group Theatre is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, age, or sexual orientation.
Salary is competitive.
Please send letter of interest and resume to Jill Abusch, Artistic Director: email@example.com.Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: acting, artist, director, performing arts, teaching, and theatre. States: New York.
Please Share the Teaching Artist / Director job: