Contract SummerFest 2018 Artist Liaison
Contract Assignment: SummerFest 2018 Artist Liaison
Primary Contact: Artist Services Coordinator
La Jolla Music Society’s SummerFest is a nationally recognized chamber music festival that occurs in La Jolla throughout the month of August. Apart from performances, the festival includes community engagement activities such as open rehearsals, interviews and lectures, artist encounters, and coaching workshops designed to involve audiences of all ages. Celebrating his final year as SummerFest Music Director, Cho-Liang Lin has once again assembled an outstanding repertoire of works performed by a roster of internationally renowned artists.
Scope of Duties:
The SummerFest Artist Liaison is the primary contact and resource for visiting Artists throughout the duration of the festival. This position’s main responsibility is to ensure that Artists’ needs and questions are being addressed by working collaboratively with the rest of the La Jolla Music Society staff.
This role is very time intensive and is an on-call position. The Artist Liaison will have a set schedule; however, this position must be available for the duration of the contract to help manage any Artist needs that may arise unexpectedly. This role has responsibilities in the office, at the concert hall, and at special events, offering a diverse work environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Act as one of the primary points of contact for Artist questions and concerns and be on-call to handle urgent situations at any time
• Build and distribute comprehensive Artist welcome packets which include individual schedules, addresses and directions, concert programs, general SummerFest information, invitations to social events, and more
• Assist with database maintenance and editing master SummerFest schedule
• Manage Artist complimentary ticket requests
• Participate in events as assigned including concerts, rehearsals, workshops, and receptions
• Assist in the distribution of checks to Artists
• Assist Director of Artistic Planning & Education and Education Manager on projects, as assigned
• Greet arriving Artists at San Diego International Airport
• Provide ground transportation for Artists as needed. This will include driving Artists to and from the airport, rehearsals, performances, and other engagements.
• Communicate with SummerFest hosts regarding Artist arrival and departure times
• Assist Artist Services Coordinator and Housing Chair to accommodate special requests and any urgent housing situations that may arise
• Assist with backstage security post-performances
The Artist Liaison must be self-directed. La Jolla Music Society will set the expectations of the Artist Liaison, but the Artist Liaison will be fully dependent on his or her own management and organizational skills to carry out those expectations.
• Candidate must commit to full availability, including nights and weekends, from July 16 through August 26, 2018
• Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changes is a must
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to manage extremely demanding schedule and work load
• Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to remain composed and positive under high-stress situations
• High level of maturity and professionalism
• Must be a team player who can work cooperatively with many different personalities
• Must have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and comfort driving a large vehicle
• Must have a smart phone with which to answer phone calls and emails
• Knowledge of classical music repertoire and the local area is helpful but not essential
Stipend of $3,250 USD paid in three installments, plus use of a 7-passenger van for the duration of the festival. Housing and travel to and from the festival is not provided.
HOW TO APPLY
Send resume with cover letter and three professional references to:
Chris Benavides, Finance Director
La Jolla Music Society
7946 Ivanhoe Avenue Suite 309
La Jolla, CA 92037
Apply for this Job