FriendsWithYou Studio Manager Position
The Studio Manager is responsible for coordinating all day-to-day operations of the studio and supervising the studio’s team. We are looking for the right, personable individual interested in a long-term serious commitment to the artists and studio.
Role & Responsibilities
- Coordinating and budgeting production with collaborators such as shippers, craters, engineers, printers, framers, and various other manufacturers
- Managing exhibitions, projects, fairs, and lecture preparations, liaising with galleries, museums, and institutions domestically and abroad
- Organizing project and exhibition installations, including occasional travels and/or organizing the studio installer’s travels
- Organizing the studio’s calendar and assisting the artist with travel plans and logistics
- Maintaining a comprehensive database and inventory
- Maintaining a comprehensive organization of the studio’s in-house and outsourced storage spaces
- Overseeing the studio’s digital and physical archives
- Assisting the artist and partner institutions’ PR strategies, including occasional drafting of press releases or exhibition texts
- Assisting the artist with technical and/or conceptual research for new projects
- Managing the studio’s day-to-day book-keeping, income and expenses, and assisting the studio’s accountant with yearly tax-preparations
- Managing invoicing, human resources, and payroll
Qualifications & Requirements
- Must have previously held a similar position at a studio, gallery, or related field for at least 3 years
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritize and capacity to meet deadlines
- Familiarity with Mac computers, Microsoft Word, Excel, QuickBooks, Asana, ArtLogic, and FileMaker
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite would be a plus
- Languages required: English. Other languages welcome
- Proficient communication skills via phone and email
- Willingness to assist other studio staff with various projects and seek solutions to any and all unplanned challenges
This is a full-time position, including evenings and weekends.
Applicant must be available for a paid one-month training and trial period before starting the role.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Jobs@FriendsWithYou.com
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: Art Studio, exhibition, Fine Art, manager, Studio Manager, and visual arts. States: California.
Please Share the Studio Manager job: