Director of Operations and Marketing
FriendsWithYou→ Los Angeles, California, United States
The Director of Operations and Marketing is responsible for overseeing daily studio operations, managing staff, strategizing and executing product marketing plans and carefully prioritizing studio goals and budgets. We are looking for the right, personable individual interested in a long-term commitment to the artists and studio.
This candidate will be overseeing the overarching vision with Sam and Tury & the core team, as well as day-to-day running of the studio and its related businesses – including marketing, sales, communications, business development, supervision of studio staff, product production, archives, and general daily studio operations and logistics.
This candidate will work closely with the two artists that make up FriendsWithYou (Sam & Tury), their Manager, and their Studio Manager on various projects, helping to realize large scale installations, helping to manage our various Intellectual Properties and corporate partnerships, and everything in between.
Role & Responsibilities
- Plan & execute budgets and marketing plans for projects, internally prioritize time and energy spent by artists, and bring projects to completion.
- Managing team of art assistants in the studio
- Managing all insurance policies
- Organizing the studio’s calendar
- Maintaining a comprehensive database and inventory
- Maintaining a comprehensive organization of the studio’s in-house and outsourced storage spaces
- Overseeing the studio’s digital and physical archives
- Assisting the artist and partner institutions’ PR strategies, including occasional drafting of press releases or exhibition texts
- Assisting the artist with technical and/or conceptual research for new projects
- Managing the studio’s day-to-day book-keeping, income and expenses, and assisting the studio’s accountant with yearly tax-preparations
- Managing invoicing, human resources, and payroll
Qualifications & Requirements
- Education: Experience is most important. A Degree in Business Administration, or Bachelor’s in Marketing related degree a plus
- Must have previously held a similar position at a studio, gallery, marketing agency or related field for at least 5 years.
- Excellent organizational & leadership skills, ability to multi-task, prioritize, and capacity to meet deadlines.
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions
- Must be self-sufficient, very organized, passionate, business-minded, and strategic in the long and short term.
- Must have a kind attitude with a strong work ethic and a love for art and culture.
- Must be able to wear multiple hats in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with Mac computers, Excel, Word, QuickBooks, Asana, ArtLogic, and FileMaker
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite would be a plus
- Languages required: English. Other languages welcome
- Excellent communication and people skills (ability to speak with corporate partners, clients, and collectors alike)
- Excellent writing skills
- An energetic team player, with a can-do attitude and a positive personality
- Willingness to assist other studio staff with various projects and seek solutions to any and all unplanned challenges.
This is a full-time position, including evenings and weekends for special projects.
Applicant must be available for a paid three-month training and trial period before starting the role.
Working in person at our studio. Interviewing ASAP.
Instagram: @FriendsWithYou // Twitter.com/FriendsWithYou
Competitive salary based upon experience
Health & Dental benefits included + Paid time off
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Jobs@FriendsWithYou.com
Los Angeles, California, United States
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: Art Studio, director, exhibition, Fine Art, management, marketing, and visual arts. States: California.