Part-Time Studio Illustration Assistant
Seeking a part-time assistant for Cape Horn Illustration to help in two areas:
• The first is for general help around the studio–packing/shipping orders/upkeep.
• The second is for help in production for illustration and graphic design work.
The hours would vary based on need but generally range from 8 – 12 hrs/week.
This is a great opportunity for recent graduates and aspiring artists to learn the business and operational side of art.
- Strong freehand drawing abilities is essential
- Good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, but primarily Photoshop and Illustrator
- Attention to detail
- Good writing skills/communication
- Knack for organization and efficiency
- Enjoy sometimes-repetitive tasks (the ones that let you zone out and listen to music/podcasts)
- Interest in the arts AND Chicago architecture and history is a big plus.
About Cape Horn Illustration
Based along the Ravenswood corridor, Cape Horn Illustration is the studio of Phil Thompson and Katie Lauffenburger. We create artwork that honors the architecture and history of places worth preserving, with a special love for Chicago. We help our clients honor cherished homes, buildings, neighborhoods, cities; and we partner with organizations with similar missions.
How to apply
Submit three items:
- Your resume.
- Link to your portfolio.
- A short cover letter mentioning your favorite book
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: arts, assistant, illustration, and illustrator. States: Illinois.
Please Share the Studio Illustration Assistant job: