Full-Time Stage Operations Supervisor
ZACH Theatre believes that diverse ideas, cultures, and traditions reflect our community and enhance our insights into the work we present on stage. We are committed to diversity and inclusivity in all areas of our work, including play selection, casting, marketing and public relations efforts, education programs, strategic recruitment of staff, artisans, technicians, and volunteers, and the composition of the Board of Trustees.
• The Stage Operations Supervisor ensures the safe operation of all theatre stage equipment and safety of all stage employees.
• The position oversees and is responsible for the planning, execution and upkeep of all rigging and safety systems and processes on the stage.
• This position recruits, trains and contracts all stage ops & run crew labor for all shows in all spaces while working with Stage Management to determine the best assignments for each crew member. Other responsibilities include collaborating with the Technical Director on the design of scenic elements and load-in schedules in order to achieve safe and high paced change overs.
• Manages the on time and on budget delivery of all rigging and stage operations needs for all productions and events while maintaining a clean and safe workplace.
• Manages the safe, timely and economical installation, maintenance, improvement and organization of all stage equipment and systems including stage house fire systems, stage automation, fall protection and other PPE.
• In conjunction with the Technical Director and Properties Master, direct the Crew Chief and Props Run Crew in the maintenance of scenic and properties elements throughout the run of each production.
• Manage inventory, expendables and budgets for materials, rigging, safety equipment and other Stage Operations budget lines.
• Works with the Crew Chief to recruit, hire, train and contract all needed stagehands and crew for each production.
• Work closely with the Technical Director in the planning of production logistics for load-in, strike, and changeovers.
• Creates a positive forward-thinking environment where employees are focused on problem solving and team work.
• Works with the rental department to provide staffing for facility rentals.
• Process Paylocity time sheets & negotiate pay rates for stage operations employees.
• Participates in establishing and enforcing safety practices in all venues and ensures that employees are trained as required by applicable standards.
– This includes leading the annual Production safety training in conjunction with the Technical Director.
• Demonstrated planning, organizational, team-building skills.
• Demonstrated multitasking, time management and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to supervise crews on simultaneous projects across multiple venues.
• Ability to interface with guest artists and resident staff to forward organizational and artistic goals.
• Ability to anticipate and address challenges that span multiple departments.
• Ability to design and implement stage rigging for productions, rentals, concerts, and special events.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing and to be detailed when typing and proofing materials.
Other duties as assigned by Director of Production.
Assists other departments as needed.
Perform all work with a direct reflection of the Mission, Vision and Values of ZACH Theatre.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Expected to climb ladders, work at height, and lift and carry up to 60 pounds.
Works nights, weekends and holidays as required. Schedule changes weekly.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to tell differences among colors.
EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree or education & experience that yields the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
At least three years of supervisory experience in stage operations at a professional regional theatre. Five years’ experience running shows at a professional regional theatre.
Tour experience is recommended
Valid drivers license and dependable transportation.
ETCP Rigging Certification Preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
In-depth knowledge of theatrical stage equipment and systems, including automation, fire systems, fall protection, single and three-phase power distribution and rigging systems.
Working knowledge of theatrical design and theatre history and of different venue types with varying production schedules.
Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google sheets and calendars.
Demonstrated skills in the troubleshooting, repair and improvement of stage equipment.
Knowledge of pyrotechnics, special effects, and flame special effects
Demonstrated skill in the operation and programming of Creative Conner’s Spike Mark software.
Ability to design and implement stage rigging and effects for all productions, rentals, concerts, and special events.
Qualified applicants should submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
Apply for this Job