Full-Time Stage Event Technician
EMPAC at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, NY, invites applications for Event Technician, Stage.
EMPAC houses multiple advanced venues and resources for media and the arts in production, performance, and research.
- Full-time hourly position with health and retirement benefits
- Specialize in theatrical lighting; work with scenic, rigging, audio, video, and IT teams
- Primary responsibilities: installation, maintenance and operation of lighting systems plus basic audio and video for residencies and events;
- Practical knowledge: ETC Eos/Ion consoles; operation and repair of electronics, moving lights, LED fixtures, foggers, wireless dimmers; networked lighting systems (ACN/ETC Net3 or ARTNET)
Position may be hired as a Senior or Junior level given a candidate’s qualifications and experience.
- Senior – Associate degree in a media systems (audio/video/lighting) field + (4) years experience in audio/video/lighting production environment.
- Junior – four (4) or more years production experience, including two (2) or more years of stage related experience (lighting, carpentry, rigging, stage design) with a high school diploma or GED. A relevant combination of education, training and experience totaling four (4) years may be substituted for degree.
Qualified candidates required to apply at http://rpijobs.rpi.edu/postings/8215Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: lighting, stage, technical, and theatre. States: New York.
Please Share the Stage Event Technician job: