Full-Time Special Events and Development Associate
The Special Events and Development Associate will provide logistical and administrative support to the Development Department with a focus on the management and execution of all department events, gift processing, and acknowledgement.
The Special Events and Development Associate serves as an essential member of the theatre’s five-person development team, and works closely with the Director of Development to plan and execute two major special event fundraisers (Dinner on Stage and Annual Gala) as well as all donor cultivation and stewardship events (including but not limited to six Opening Nights, six Inside Look production previews, Technical Rehearsal, and Backstage Tour).
Additionally, the Special Events and Development Associate will be responsible for the timely and accurate recording, processing, and acknowledgment of all gifts to Round House and provide general administrative support to the Development Department.
The Special Events and Development Associate reports to the Director of Development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- With the Director of Development, plan and execute all aspects of department events, including contact with vendors, maintaining RSVP lists, and coordinating with other departments and venues as necessary.
- Utilizing the CRM database (Spektrix), accurately process all gift entry, donor information, and report creation.
- Generate and send donor correspondence, acknowledgement letters, and invitations in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and adhere to a schedule of direct mail and email appeals.
- Provide excellent customer service to current and prospective donors through direct mail, phone calls, emails, and in person.
- Oversee corporate matching gifts and ticket donation request fulfillment.
- Reconcile gift accounts with the General Manager, and provide financial reports and documentation as needed.
- Track and monitor department expenses.
- Perform administrative tasks for the Development Department, including answering the Donor Hotline and maintaining department files.
- Track and monitor development supplies, including collateral.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CAPABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 1-2 years experience in event planning and/or development preferred.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to achieve results in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Proficiency with donor databases, Macs, and Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Schedule flexibility and ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
- Experience in a performing arts organization, especially theatre, is desirable.
*Where the qualifications are described in terms of formal education or training, prior experience in a relevant field, as determined by the theatre, may be substituted.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is available April 29, 2019.
Round House Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Persons from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information about Round House Theatre, please visit RoundHouseTheatre.org.
No phone calls please.
Please Share the Special Events and Development Associate job: