Full-Time Social Media and Public Relations Coordinator
The Social Media and Public Relations Coordinator will serve as an integral part of the Nasher Sculpture Center External Affairs team. He/she will be responsible for the implementation of social media and public relations communications objectives, as well as strategizing innovations for the museum’s online digital presence. This employee position will report directly to the Director of External Affairs and will work closely with the Manager of Communications and International Programs, External Affairs colleagues, as well as content contributors throughout the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Manage, monitor, and enhance the museum’s presence on various social media networks, including Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Artsy, and develop new areas of opportunities.
● Stay engaged with international art conversations and issues and gather pertinent international art news, events and other art-related content and strategize most useful means for sharing on social media platforms.
● Create and manage the social media editorial calendar.
● Monitor social media analytics and prepare regular reports in collaboration with the Senior Manager of Emerging Technologies and Evaluation.
● Work closely with Manager of Communications and representatives from other departments to create content that complements the overall goals of the museum as a leader in dialogues surrounding contemporary sculpture.
● Utilize skills in video, editing, and photography to create interesting online content.
● Monitor the museum’s presence on review sites (Trip Advisor, Yelp, etc.) in addition to other online sites to find opportunities for customer service and community conversation.
● Initiate conversations and build relationships with digital influencers on a consistent basis.
● Follow the conversations of national social media managers at museums.
● Keep current in the ever-changing social media landscape and search aggressively for the latest trends and best practices. Meet regularly with the Senior Manager of Emerging Technologies and Evaluation to discuss strategy.
● Attend events as necessary to post in-the-moment content to social media and broadcast video content.
● Work directly with the Marketing Manager to implement social media ad campaigns.
● Monitor social channels after hours for urgent communications requiring attention.
● Other responsibilities as assigned by Manager of Communications and Director of External Affairs.
● Assist Manager of Communications in strategizing social media tactics that will help push Nasher Sculpture Center to the forefront of international sculpture-related media and dialogues.
● Assist with editing of press releases, writing media alerts, press statements, and media calendar of events.
● Maintain archive of press clippings created from Meltwater and print clipping service.
● Prepare and distribute final press releases and alerts on Meltwater.
● Update the press release and news sections of the Nasher website.
● Assist with pitching ideas to blogs/Internet media and society press.
● Fulfill basic press requests for images and information.
● Keep media information and coverage reports up-to-date, building lists on Meltwater as needed.
● Update calendar listings on local websites and national art publications.
● Escort media on property as needed.
● Attend events and assist with event implementation, especially in regards to professional photography.
● Maintain and oversee External Affairs internship program.
● Other responsibilities as assigned by Director of External Affairs, Manager of Communications, and other External Affairs team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, or English, with a strong background in art history or studio art, or equivalent work experience.
● Excellent awareness and understanding of contemporary visual art and visual art media required.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Must be highly detail oriented to avoid errors on social media channels.
● Extensive understanding of the nuances of all social media platforms.
● Experience with Dropbox, web site maintenance, Meltwater services, Adobe Creative Cloud, and social media analytics. SEO best practices preferred.
● Ability to excel in a dynamic and highly collaborative environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit resume and writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.orgJob Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts, arts center, coordinator, free, and social media. States: Texas.
Please Share the Social Media and Public Relations Coordinator job: