Full-Time Shop Foreman
Chicago Flyhouse is a specialty rigging company primarily servicing the entertainment, multi-purpose venue, retail, church, and museum industries. We specialize in the unusual requests of the rigging world by turning impossible challenges into extraordinary solutions. Our projects range from the complete overhaul of rigging equipment in theaters, sound absorption in some of the biggest sports arenas, to installing one of the largest motorized curtains in the United States. If another company said they wouldn’t know where to start with the project that means we are the right ones for the job.
Chicago Flyhouse is looking for an experienced and motivated person to manage jobs as a shop foreman. This shop foreman must be able to gather information about a job from a project manager and manage the completion of that job from the shop and into the field. This person must be able to manage multiple employees working underneath them at one time and must be capable of keeping the projects on time and within the hours estimated. These jobs will vary in scale and multiple jobs must be balanced at one time.
The Shop Foreman with Flyhouse does not operate in the normal factory setting this position is known to function. We are a small team of individuals from a multitude of backgrounds with a common goal of creating high-quality, never before seen, and aesthetically pleasing products for our clients. The work is fast-paced, challenging, independent (but an all-hands-on-deck approach), and one of the most fascinating industries you’ve seen but never quite heard of before.
• Manage work in progress and maintain shop production schedule
• Ability to schedule staff appropriately to meet deadlines for any and all fabrication
• Ensure all tasks are completed efficiently and safely, meeting customer delivery expectation
• Ensure that all company and industry regulated quality standards are maintained on all fabricated equipment
• Manage all shop staff including over hires
• Plan and direct layout of equipment, workflow, and assembly methods, in conjunction with Shop staff
• Maintain the cleanliness and workflow of the shop, storage, and equipment
• Ensure welding quality meets company standards on all jobs
• Work extended hours as per job requirements
• Strong leadership, supervisory skills, organizational, problem-solving, and project management skills
• Ability to meet challenging deadlines in an efficient and profitable manner
• Some basic computer knowledge – MS Outlook email and MS Excel
• Ability to read Blueprints and engineering fabrication drawings
• Basic electrical knowledge
• Strong welding knowledge and application, Mig | Tig
• Must have experience with Cold Saws, Ironworkers, Bridgeports, Lathes, Waterjet, etc
• Ability to recommend proper procedures for specific jobs and provide guidance to the shop staff
• Flexibility to travel and work on site when required
• Willing to occasionally travel to conduct emergency repairs on short notice
• Valid Driver’s License, clean driving record, comfortable driving flatbed trucks
• Valid US Passport and ability to travel internationally
• Able to pass random drug tests to ensure a safe working environment for all employees
• Salary Range: Commensurate with experience (overtime pay available)
• Full time with benefits (health, dental, vision, 401K, paid time off)
To ApplyJob Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: director, entertainment, management, technical, and theatre. States: Illinois.
Please Share the Shop Foreman job: