The Zeiterion Performing Arts Center→ ~
ABOUT THE Z:
The Zeiterion Performing Arts Center (The “Z”) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to entertain, educate, and inspire our community by presenting a diverse array of high-quality performing artists and providing engaging learning opportunities that contribute to the cultural, social and economic vitality of the South Coast.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing & Communications, the Senior Designer will play a critical role in advancing The Z’s mission through the creation of compelling imagery that resonates and engages with target audiences through web, print and digital media and video editing. This position will oversee the work of 1-2 other designers, provide creative strategy, and set graphic standards across all platforms that support the organization’s overall design vision and brand for all visual media. The Lead Graphic Designer must be organized, solutions-oriented, self-directed, and flexible as well as a committed and contributing team player during a pivotal period in The Z’s history.
- Provide oversight to all graphic design projects to ensure the highest level of design quality and consistency.
- Direct, implement, and execute the creative process from conception through completion for digital and print collateral, direct mail, event graphics and related design.
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and managerial oversight for the other members of the graphic design team which includes two part-time employees.
- Serve as the in-house web expert and manage all aspects of The Z’s web presence.
- Work within the Marketing Department to refresh existing designs, ensuring a cohesiveness that reflects the The Z’s organizational brand and those of its programs and departments, including the oversight of a rebranding effort in the near-term.
- Maintain a consistent visual identity for the organization; create visual aspects of marketing materials to promote the various programs held at the theater, including but not limited to season brochure and playbills, posters, handouts, social media graphics, newspaper ads, invitations, email marketing graphics, video promotions, and web graphics.
- Set design standard and manage the design schedule, workflow, and hierarchy of priorities.
- Create marketing assets and videos that combine, and upgrade materials supplied by artists, such as logos, photographs, and other components necessary for the Z’s brand and for promoting shows.
- Under the guidance of the Senior Director, works in collaboration with other departments on special projects.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Minimum of five years of experience in the graphic design industry.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in graphic arts, design, or related field preferred.
- Self-motivated team player capable of producing original ideas and content.
- Possess strong web site management skills and aptitude.
- High level of proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Premiere
- Understanding of current web trends, CMS editing experience, and familiarity with User Experience design.
- Strong knowledge of graphic fundamentals, typography, and layout for print and digital design.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize and manage projects with varying design specifications, tight timelines, and budget restrictions.
- Ability to work within and lead a high performing team.
- Detail-oriented, with a keen eye for aesthetic quality with the ability to edit and manipulate image assets quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to maintain a schedule of multiple projects and tasks, including deliverables and timelines, collaboration and communicating status with internal and external teams to deliver designs on time and on budget.
- Ability to accept team feedback constructively, reacting quickly to new information, opinions, and direction, and revising designs when necessary.
- Excellent organization, collaborative and project management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours when necessary and the ability to work with evolving priorities and timelines and to prioritize tasks and meet organizational deadlines.
- Commitment to contributing to an overall organizational culture of learning and wellbeing.
- Previous experience at a nonprofit or cultural institution a plus.
- Experience in the arts and/or a passion for The Z’s mission preferred.
- Experience with or an interest in participating in the The Z’s ongoing work around equity.
HOW TO APPLY
- Send resume and portfolio to email@example.com.
The Zeiterion Performing Arts Center
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Part-Time. States: Massachusetts.