Full-Time Senior Box Office Manager
Senior Box Office Manager – Spokane Symphony & Martin Woldson Theater at The Fox
We are looking for a dynamic box office professional to take the reins as we implement Tessitura and fully launch on July 1.
The historic Martin Woldson Theater at The Fox (on the National Register of Historic Places) is home to the Spokane Symphony, which purchased and restored it in 2007. Today, we operate the theater bringing performing arts and concerts to our region, in addition to the 30+ Spokane Symphony events we produce. Spokane is a growing and thriving arts center for the Inland Pacific Northwest. Spokane County added over 7000 residents in 2016, the most in a decade. Many are discovering the low cost of living and high quality of life here with 2,000 people per year moving from Seattle’s King County alone.
Our downtown center is located along the banks of the Spokane River with a population of nearly 220,000 and a metro area of 710,000 residents, including neighboring Kootenai County in Idaho. Tired of traffic and long commutes? Life is so much better when everything is just minutes away! Spokane is a city on the move that boasts museums and art galleries, hiking, skiing, lakes and boating. We’re looking for experienced box office talent ready for a refreshing change from the rat race to help us grow and thrive as Spokane continues to prosper. https://bit.ly/2p7zcRj
Sound interesting? We are looking to hire by January 1. Check out the detailed job description and application process below.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Sales, the Senior Box Office Manager acts as an integral member of the organization by providing leadership in ticketing operations, database, online sales and customer service. This position oversees the Box Office, managing workloads for Spokane Symphony, Fox Presents concerts, and rentals. The Senior Box Office Manager oversees the set up and administration of Tessitura and is a part of cross-departmental planning. This position also plans and activates strategies to enhance ticket operations.
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership and supervision for staff selling single, subscription, and group tickets
- Oversee hiring, training, and supervising of all sales staff; manage workflow and evaluate staffing needs
- Create and review ticket policies and procedures to improve patron services and increase sales
- Be a member of the Customer Service Task Force to prioritize and implement strategies to improve customer service and engagement and to encourage effective communication and cooperation between departments
- Supervise the management of the Tessitura web ticketing functionality to improve and enhance online patron experience, increase web sales revenues, and propose, test, and implement new functionality on the Spokane Symphony and Martin Woldson Theater at The Fox websites
- Supervise/manage the implementation of pricing and scaling structures for subscription, single ticket sales and special offers
- Direct the building and administration of events in Tessitura including seating charts, price tables, holds/kills, discounts, etc.
- Oversee financial reconciliation for all box office transactions, preparing box office statements and event reconciliation reports; verify the end-of-run summary of receipts
- Develop standards and management of data hygiene for CRM database
- Participate in the development of marketing strategies through recommending sales promotion plans; advise and establish timelines and policies to implement those plans.
- Manage sales data reporting to wider organization
- Maintain emergency processing plan for real time system failures
- Direct, implement and continually improve customer service policies and procedures
- Resolve ticketing issues and respond to customer inquiries with empathy and authority
- Establish and develop relationships with the venue’s box office management and ticketing contractors, including Tessitura, Groupon, Goldstar, etc.
- Serve as or appoint cross-departmental contact for VIP, artist, guest, and educational seating needs
- Support the marketing team with input and tracking of sales data, and marketing initiatives
Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years Tessitura ticketing software knowledge required, with 2 years of technical experience with Tessitura or similar ticketing/CRM system
- 5 years of experience in customer service
- 3 years of management or supervisory experience in ticketing, preferably in the performing arts
- Experience in nonprofit organizations
- Knowledge of performing arts genres highly desirable
ADDITIONAL FACTORS FOR SUCCESS:
- Professional interests that align strongly with the SSO’s vision and values
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; ability to speak about the SSO and Fox in an articulate, compelling, and professional manner in one-on-one, group, and public settings
- Desire and demonstrated ability to identify and address personal knowledge gaps; to learn on the job; and to cultivate sources of knowledge, expertise, and skill
- Ability to understand and quickly adapt to new technology
- Solid judgement and strong customer service ethic; professional, pleasant, empathetic demeanor
- Ability and willingness to work in a very fast-paced environment and with extremely high productivity demands
- Self-starter, problem solver and “can-do” attitude
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Duties are primarily carried out in an office setting with direct public interaction and at concerts
- Noise levels may be high at times
- Medium work; Frequent sitting or standing for long periods of time; May be required to lift up to 50 pounds
- Close visual acuity is required for performing activities such as preparing and analyzing data and viewing a computer terminal
- Position requires frequent weekend and evening hours and work schedule varies from week to week
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include: health insurance for employee, generous time off policies, and 401K plan available after 1-year of service.
Please email your resume and a letter of interest to Kim Larsen, Human Resources Manager, at email@example.com.
Spokane Symphony/Martin Woldson Theater at The Fox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: Box Office, manager, performing arts, and theatre. States: Washington.
Please Share the Senior Box Office Manager job: