Full-Time Scenic Director
J&S Audio Visual (JSAV) is a creative technology company of highly skilled technicians, dedicated project managers, gear gurus, labor wizards, creative types, and office magicians. We’re an AV event technology company with both a hospitality division that serves over 90 hotels and convention centers and a Show Services division that delivers over 2,500 events annually. Having been around for 35 years, we know a few things when it comes to creating memorable meetings, conferences, and major events.
We enable our clients to effectively communicate at their events while focusing on building trust and lasting relationships through professional and personalized service. We’re in search of an innovative and detail-oriented Scenic Director to lead our Scenic Services Division in Irving, TX. I
f you have the experience and creative mind of a theater production specialist, the logistical understanding of a project manager, and the design knowledge of a CAD designer-this is your next breakout role! At our new 20,000 sq ft. shop you’ll be leading the team of scenic superheroes in developing our 2020 (and beyond) scenic strategy. Every day you will dream up fresh new looks for our hospitality and show services divisions and drive innovation in design practices and construction methods. You’ll be making JSAV, stronger, faster, and more efficient in packing/shipping and onsite assembly and strike.
What we look for in you:
• A proactive leader that can drive efficiency and profitability • An innovator in design aesthetics and construction methods
• A customer service champion that can work with and anyone and everyone to deliver solutions • A coach that is willing to grow and shape his/her team for future responsibilities What you will do:
• Drive innovation in design and construction methods for client satisfaction, profit margins, storage efficiency, trucking footprint/cost, and robust rental inventory.
• Manage Scenic Division staff, tracking hours, driving performance, and developing future leaders
• Lead regular meetings with Show Services and Hospitality stakeholders to discuss client needs and give progress updates.
• Work closely with Creative Services & Project Managers to ensure deliverables are understood, and properly entered into the R2 Equipment Management system.
• Track progress and status of projects and Scenic Division staff using the proprietary RADAR Project Management and communication systems.
• Create estimates and deliver PO’s and/or invoices and follow all JSAV accounting procedures.
• Attend regular meetings with the VP of Operations and other Division Leaders as needed. What we look for in experience:
• 5 years of theater or event production experience
• 5 years of project management and commercial design experience
• 3 years of experience in CAD or a similar design language
• Strong team building, development, and leadership skills
• Proficiency in production management software and systems
• Experience with vendor management and P&L creation
What we offer:
• A competitive benefits package •
Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
• A flexible paid time off plan
• 8 federal holidays with an extra during the month of your birthday
• A leadership team that believes in you
Apply online at: https://jsav.com/careersJob Categories: Other. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: artist, design, and director. States: Texas.
Please Share the Scenic Director job: