Full-Time Scene Shop Supervisor
Department Performance Production
Reports to Performance Production Chair
Oversees all aspects of the Performance Production Department’s Scene Shop and all scenery construction planning and execution relevant scheduling, purchasing and load in & strikes. Provides a safe, productive, and educational facility for student learning.
• Responsible for the overall safe operation of the Cornish Scene Shop.
• Establishes, maintains, and ensures safe working practices to create an effective learning atmosphere.
• Conduct routine general maintenance and provide inventory management.
• Assists in the construction, load in and strike and all necessary scheduling and planning for Cornish Playhouse and Raisbeck Performance Hall productions of the Performance Production departments.
• Supervises the occasional overhire designers and/or technical directors who may us the shop facilities to prepare for the other productions.
• Assists in the training of students working in the scene shop and on stages and provides demonstrations of proper usage of equipment as needed.
• Organizes materials, maintains inventory, and purchases consumable supplies as needed for projects within the College’s established budgets and purchasing procedures.
• Attend regularly schedules PP department meetings
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years experience or combination of equivalent education and/or experience in scenic construction and/or carpentry
• Demonstrated ability in industry standard rigging practices, scenic carpentry, AutoCAD or hand scenery constructions drafting and welding
• Certified in basic first-aid and CPR (training available)
• Valid Washington State driver’s license and ability to drive up to a 24’ truck
• Ability to lift 50 (flats, platforms, furniture)
• Ability to climb ladders and operate stationary and portable construction tools (pneumatic fasteners, saws, etc.)
• Basic computer skills, Google Platforms, MS office
• Sense of humor and demonstrated collaborative approach to the work
• Undergraduate degree in technical theater discipline
• Experience working in higher education environment
Please submit the following materials to Careers@Cornish.edu :
1. Cover Letter
3. Cornish Employment Application (From Cornish Website)
Equal Opportunity Statement: Cornish College of the Arts is an equal opportunity employer intent on enriching the diversity of its faculty, staff, and students. Our goal is to create an intercultural learning environment comprised of people with varied experiences and perspectives. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups for all open positions.Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: design, education, performing arts, production, supervisor, and theatre. States: Washington.
Please Share the Scene Shop Supervisor job: