Full-Time Sales Associate – Art Gallery
David Kordansky Gallery is seeking a highly motivated and organized professional who wants to be part of a rapidly growing, internationally renowned contemporary art gallery in Los Angeles.
The Sales Associate role is a full-time salaried position, five days per week (Tuesday – Saturday), and requires flexibility for additional hours and travel based on the needs of the Gallery.
A competitive benefits package is offered.
Full-time job, salaried exempt. Tuesday – Saturday.
• Create and maintain relationships with artists, collectors, consultants, curators, and other art world contacts
• Develop and retain and in-depth knowledge of the gallery artists’ practices and biographies
• Articulate and communicate artists’ ideas and intentions effectively to clients
• Inform clients of upcoming exhibitions and fair presentations, providing supporting materials as needed
• Assemble offer PDFs
• Meet and exceed quarterly sales goals
• Secure payment from clients in a timely fashion
• Communicate consistently and proactively with the sales team to review offers, sales, and sales opportunities
• Attend gallery openings, art fairs, dinners, and other events on behalf of the gallery; assist in art fair installation or de-installation as needed
• Research, monitor, and secure secondary market sales opportunities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Art History, Art Business, Art Administration, or a related field required
• At least two (2) years of professional sales experience in a contemporary art gallery or auction house required; four (4) years of experience preferred
• Exceptional skills in communication, organization, and attention to detail
• Self-motivated, trustworthy, and responsible
• Able to work successfully in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Advanced skills in a Mac-based environment required, including: Google Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Sheets); Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat); experience with Photoshop and/or InDesign preferred
• Basic knowledge of databases such as ArtBase / FileMaker (or similar) preferred
• Fluent in English; fluency in an additional language welcomed
How to Apply
Please submit the following by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org:
a cover letter detailing your previous experience as well as:
• a brief explanation of how you would approach the position
• a summary of your recent sales figures
• an overview of the kinds of clients you would bring to the team
• a complete CV
Submissions without the above items will not be considered.
No phone or walk-in inquiries please.
Equal Employment Policy Statement
The Gallery is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. The Gallery does not discriminate, and does not permit discrimination against its employees, interns, volunteers, or applicants. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall and termination.
Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts, gallery, and sales. States: California.
Please Share the Sales Associate – Art Gallery job: