Sales Assistant- LA
CWG- Job Advert – Sales Assistant – LA
From Functional Art to Collectible Design, today Carpenters Workshop Gallery produces and exhibits functional sculptures by international rising and established artists or designers going outside their traditional territories of expression. Actively involved in the research and production of limited edition works, the gallery’s choices are guided by seeking an emotional, artistic and historical relevance and breaking boundaries between art and design.
The gallery relies on the partnership of childhood friends, Julien Lombrail and Loïc le Gaillard.
They first opened a space in London’s Chelsea in 2006 in a former carpenter’s workshop; they now operate three galleries globally in London, Paris, New York and will soon be opening a gallery in LA.
In 2015, the gallery opened The Workshop in Roissy, a unique 8,000 square meters space dedicated to artistic research bringing together the elite of artisans. Today, Carpenters Workshop Gallery is recognised as a leading gallery for contemporary collectible design.
About the Role:
We are looking for a detail-oriented, hard-working enthusiast sales assistant to host clients and support the sales team in Los Angeles.
The ideal candidate will be methodical, well-spoken, and collaborative.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a fast-paced, international gallery and be a part of the founding team in West Hollywood.
- Serve as a public-facing representative of the gallery, speaking about program with visitors, collectors, interior designers, and artists
- Host clients, deliver sales pitch
- Assemble sales collateral for client viewing
- Organize client contact database and record activity/interests
- Generate artwork invoices and track payment
- Manage international shipment and installation of artworks
- Liaise with logistics team on condition of artworks and oversee any needed repairs
- Organize material sample library and track sample loans
- Book travel, hotel, and restaurant reservations
- Attend to general administrative tasks, including answering phones, mailing books, sorting correspondence, etc.
- Minimum of 1-3 years work experience in a sales position at another art/design gallery or design firm required
- Excellent communication etiquette in person, on the phone, and over email
- Quick problem-solving skills in high-pressure, deadline driven environment, time management
- Passion for contemporary art and design
- Career interest in sales
- Degree in Art History or related field preferred
- Skills in a Mac-based environment and Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of ArtLogic and Asana a plus
- Preference for candidates with language capabilities in English, Spanish, Italian &/or French
- Poised and polished appearance to fit a gallery environment
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
Terms and Conditions:
The position is Tuesday through Saturday from 10 AM – 6 PM with additional hours as needed for events and work-related tasks.
We offer a range of benefits, including insurance (medical, dental, and vision), 20 paid vacation days, and 5 paid sick days.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and Cover letter to Anna Flores Piran on firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, colour, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristics..
Job Categories: Museum and Gallery. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: art gallery, assistant, design, and sales. States: California.
Please Share the Sales Assistant- LA job: