The Lisa Smith Wengler Center for the Arts at Pepperdine University invites applications for a full-time Publicity and Marketing Manager. Pepperdine University is a private Christian university in Malibu, California where “students are strengthened for lives of purpose, service, and leadership.” The Center for the Arts includes the 450-seat Smothers Theatre, the 118-seat Raitt Recital Hall, the 100-seat Lindhurst Theatre, and the Frederick R. Weisman Museum of Art.
The Publicity and Marketing Manager publicizes, markets, and promotes performances and exhibitions at the Center for the Arts, securing an audience of more than 50,000 people each year for artistic engagement at Pepperdine. In addition to providing publicity support for professional presentations, the Publicity Manager also provides significant design and editing support for Fine Arts division events and performances.
The person in this position must have excellent writing skills as well as strong design skills. Each day, the person in this position will support a myriad of events and performances at the Center for the Arts and the Fine Arts division by creating and disseminating brochures, calendars, ads, posters, press releases, and programs. The person must be a self-starter, and able to track timelines and schedules for a variety of events each year.
Annual salary $46,800-$51,000, plus benefits.
• Designing and/or writing copy for a wide variety of materials, including season brochures, update calendars, print ads, radio ads, postcards, fliers, posters, and programs. Oversee the production and distribution of these materials.
• Writing and distributing press releases and taking requests for additional information and images from various media outlets.
• Managing the Center for the Arts and Parkening Guitar Competition websites.
• Managing the Center for the Arts publicity media list and social media accounts.
• Monitoring budgets for Center for the Arts advertising. Coordinating Fine Arts division printing.
• Making various ad buys in print and broadcast media.
• Scheduling student photographers for events and/or shooting and processing photos for use in archives, social media, website, email, and print materials.
• Other duties as assigned.
• College degree or equivalent experience in marketing or public relations.
• Experience in marketing and publicity, preferably within a performing arts organization, including creation of strategic marketing campaigns and graphic design experience.
• Must be able to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Willingness and ability to support Pepperdine University’s Christian mission and dedication to value-centered education.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment while maintaining a customer-service attitude and a sense of humor.
For more information or to apply, visit jobs.pepperdine.edu and search for job number 500750.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: advertising, arts center, manager, marketing, media, and university. States: California.
Please Share the Publicity Manager job: