Full-Time Public Relations & Partnerships Manager
The Public Relations & Partnerships Manager will serve as the Publicist for Round House Theatre and take the lead role in promoting organizational visibility and institutional messaging. This position will cultivate and maintain relationships with both press/media and community partners on behalf of the company, including the management of day-to-day operations and engagement with these contacts. This position requires strong communication skills, including writing, presenting, and pitching, as well as the ability to place stories within consumer, industry and blog press. This position will assist the Director and Associate Director of Marketing & Communications with the creation and implementation of communication and outreach strategies. In all functions, the Publicist is expected to contribute a high degree of creativity and initiative while upholding the Round House brand and standards across all channels.
The Public Relations & Partnerships Manager reports to the Director of Marketing & Communications and supervises the Community Engagement Apprentice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Director and Associate Director of Marketing & Communications to develop and implement public relations campaigns for Round House Theatre as an institution, as well as its artistic, education, and development programs
- Serve as the Publicist for Round House Theatre and liaise with traditional and non-traditional media, pitching feature stories, coordinating interviews and site visits, and securing press coverage across various media channels, including digital, print, television, radio, etc.
- Work closely with Round House Theatre artists, including coordinating interviews, managing media notices, securing biographies and headshots, acting as media liaison for internal video and photo shoots
- Track and manage press coverage, including maintaining archives, pulling quotes, and assisting in photo selection
- Schedule press to attend opening night and review productions, providing concierge service
- Draft and disseminate press releases and other media materials for productions and programs
- Build and manage media lists, and develop relationships with key media professionals who cover arts and culture, as well as the broader public interest
- Work closely with Associate Director of Marketing & Communications to strategize and plan creative content development.
- Keep abreast of current media trends in general and industry publications
- Develop and implement tactical plans for strategic community partnerships and engagement, both for the organization, as well as its artistic, education, and development programs
- Serve as the liaison with community groups, and manage day-to-day partnership activities, including cross-promotions and public engagement
- Supervise Community Engagement Apprentice
- Oversee day-to-day maintenance and operations of the ON THE HOUSE Community Ticket Access Program
- Coordinate meetings and activities of the Patron Development Committee, and supervise public dissemination of promotional materials
- Attend membership organization meetings as a representative of Round House Theatre
- Attendance at and participation in all department planning meetings, including institutional strategy and seasonal programming
- Attendance at promotional and special events as needed
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in communications*
- At least 2-3 years’ work experience, preferably in a communications or media relations department. Strong internship experience considered
- Knowledge of media or public relations practices preferred
- Strong writing, speaking, presentation, organizational and interpersonal skills; detail-oriented a must
- Must be able to work independently, after direct supervision
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and short deadlines
- Creativity and resourcefulness
- Enthusiasm for collaborative team workplace; willingness to perform all functions of his/her job
- Self-starter with ability to independently initiate and follow through with opportunities
- Familiarity with, and interest in, theatre and/or arts and culture strongly preferred
*Where the qualifications are described in terms of formal education or training, prior experience in a relevant field, as determined by the theatre, may be substituted.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Round House Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Persons from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information about Round House Theatre, please visit RoundHouseTheatre.org.
No phone calls please.
Please Share the Public Relations & Partnerships Manager job: