Full-Time Public Relations Manager
REPORTS TO: Marketing Director
Responsible for the public relations and publicity needs of Asolo Repertory Theatre including all productions, events and fundraising activities, playing a key role in the promotion of Asolo Rep’s mission and overall brand. Create and maintain favorable public image of the entire organization through preparation and distribution of information to newspapers, periodicals, television, radio and other forms of media.
No direct reports, but guides activities of staff and volunteers in media and public relations capacities.
ESSSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Evaluate opportunities and develop media plan for each season’s series of productions. Generate and implement a news release strategy through the writing and publishing of frequent news releases and media alerts that support the season media plan.
• Encourage media interest through credible communication of information and impressions.
• Write and communicate messages using most effective method for each type of media.
• Maintain media list to include local, regional and national press, TV, radio and website contacts. Maintain list for calendar mailings.
• Provide media with story ideas, theatre information, interview opportunities, photo opportunities and calendar listings.
• Arrange media’s attendance at opening nights, distributing media kits and greeting media. Prepare and distribute fact sheets, news releases, photographs, scripts to media and other persons who may be interested in learning about and publicizing Asolo activities or messages.
• Responsible for news release files, publications, photos and photo credits for archives.
• Manage marketing department’s involvement in public events such as season announcement and world premiere announcements.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships within the organization. Answer information requests. Oversee preparation and distribution of end-of-show publicity packs to actors, directors, designers, etc.
• Ensure Actors’ Equity Association rules are met with regard to notices, photo calls and photo usage, cast lists, programs, televising and filming. Ensure terms of play publishers’ and author representatives’ agreements are met with regard to biographies, photo credits and publicity materials.
• Oversee and coordinate all social media campaigns and communications.
• Schedule and manage all publicity shoots, both pre-production and archival for Asolo Repertory Theatre. Select shots for advance publicity and media kits. Notify company members when photos become available for purchase; work with photographers to place and deliver orders.
• Conduct research for news release writing, story pitching, media materials, etc.
• Update style guide and distribute copies as needed. Ensure style is being followed.
• Provide PR support to other departments as well as auxiliary organizations.
• Cultivate working relationships with local media for promotion of regional and local marketing efforts.
• Proven ability to secure local, regional and national press coverage
• Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships with local and regional press
• Demonstrated creative writing and verbal communication abilities
• Working knowledge of established press protocols of journalists and newsrooms
• Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to interact with artists, staff, the public, and volunteers in an effective, professional, and tactful manner.
• Demonstrated ability to leverage social media for PR outreach
• Ability to be pro-active, work independently, prioritize tasks, and exercise good judgment
• Detail and deadline oriented
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
• Experience working for a nonprofit theatre or performing arts organization a plus.
• Ability to represent the organization at social and media events
• Demonstrated ability to create unique media opportunities
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
• 3-5 years experience in public relations, journalism, or related field
• High School diploma required, college degree preferred.
How to Apply
Link to apply: https://asolorep.wufoo.com/forms/z16c3ejw0u2buvq/
Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: fund-raising, manager, marketing, media, non-profit, public relations, social media, and theatre. States: Florida.
Please Share the Public Relations Manager job: