Temporary Props Manager – ICE! 2019
Hotopp Associates is seeking a Props Manager with theatrical production experience for a seasonal, part-time position on ICE!, a holiday-themed attraction, built in place at the Gaylord Hotel and Resort in Aurora, CO by master ice carvers.
The Props Manager for ICE! will be responsible for receiving, organizing, inventorying and repairing props, as well as other production-related tasks and errands. The Props Manager will work both independently and with an assigned team and must reside within reasonable driving distance of the production venue. Travel expenses to and from the venue will not be reimbursed.
Estimated time commitment:
- This is an onsite, part-time, seasonal position, from approximately mid-September through the end of December. Hours will vary depending on the phase of the project and overall production schedule.
- Load-in phase 9/10/19-10/4/19 (approximately 48 total hours): Hours will vary depending on the production schedule and prop delivery dates, but will be primarily daytime, weekday hours. Weekend calls may be required.
- Construction (ice carving) phase 10/5/19 -11/8/19 (approximately 100 total hours): Hours will vary from week to week and will include time on weekends but will be primarily daytime hours. Schedule flexibility is required.
- Operation phase 11/9/19 – 1/1/2020 (approximately 6 hours per week).
Duties will vary with the phase of the project, but will include:
- Coordinating prop deliveries with the shop and venue. Overseeing unload of props as needed.
- Unpacking, inventorying, assessing, organizing and tracking of props. Communicating information about any missing or damaged props to the shop. Minor onsite prop repair and assembly.
- Supervision of prop installation by others.
- Maintaining a log of any prop issues and resolution status, for reference on future shows.
- Coordinating labor requests and attending work calls for the onsite assembly and rigging of props.
- Attending weekly production meetings.
- During the operation phase, performing weekly walk-through of ice attraction. Photographing and reporting any issues with ice maintenance to ice carving vendor and client. Reporting any issues with props to prop shop and client.
Skills Needed for Success:
- Excellent communication and client management skills.
- First-hand experience and knowledge of theatrical production processes and properties management.
- Basic knowledge of theatrical rigging equipment and related safety practices for a theater environment preferred.
- Knowledge of basic construction techniques and ability to perform minor repairs and touch-up on props.
- Experience scheduling and managing temporary labor.
- Basic knowledge of trucking logistics.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- The Props Manager must provide his/her own laptop computer or other mobile device with Microsoft Excel or other compatible spreadsheet software, email, internet access, and ability to upload photos from a digital camera to file sharing site.
- Transportation: The Props Manager must have reliable transportation to run errands. It is preferable that he/she have access to a vehicle for this task. Mileage for errands will be reimbursed.
- Cold gear: Note that the ice construction area is kept at a temperature varying from 8-12 degrees Fahrenheit, with wind from air handlers. The Props Manager may need to be in the cold for 30-90 minutes between warming breaks. Appropriate warm clothing, gloves and reinforced toe boots are required. Hard hats are required during construction.
- This position requires some lifting, up to 50 lbs., when unloading and organizing props, and may require other physical activity such as climbing ladders and working in a construction zone with potentially slippery conditions.
- Drug testing is required
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.orgJob Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Temporary. Job Tags: manager, production, props, rigging, theatre, and tracking. States: Colorado.
Please Share the Props Manager – ICE! 2019 job: