Full-Time Project Manager
• Exhibits a friendly and approachable demeanor with all Minnesota Street Project clients, staff, and vendors, acting as a positive ambassador for Art Services, as well as the overall Project; maintains excellent relationships with clientele, including collectors, galleries, institutions, consultants, and other arts professionals, ensuring industry-leading client satisfaction.
• Receives both direct and indirect client inquiries, and responds in a timely manner to review job scope and requirements and prepare and present estimates. Follows through with clients to convert estimates to jobs
• Produces applicable resource requirements and timelines for jobs; uses our CRM to estimate, enter in pertinent job details; In collaboration with the Project Coordinator and Warehouse Coordinator, calendars and produces field documents, Schedules preliminary site-visits, mid-job check-ins, and client meetings when appropriate.
• In collaboration with our Project Coordinator and Warehouse Coordinator, prepares art handlers in advance of their assignment and/or supports their needs while in the field, explaining/clarifying the details of the overall job, helping to proactively resolve issues that may arise, and when necessary, resolving client disputes.
• Collaborates with other departments to request scheduling in-house, job-related work orders (WOs).
• In collaboration with MSPAS staff, ensures all necessary documents are created in advance of each job, including bills of lading (BOLs), work orders, artwork pull sheets, attached artwork images, certificates of insurance (COIs), condition reports, and any other documentation relevant for the field team’s success.
• Sources and secures necessary job-related artwork authorizations, extended liability agreements, vehicle or machinery rentals, specialized packing materials, and the like in collaboration with Operations, Registration, and scheduling staff.
• Reviews monthly invoices for managed jobs, ensuring billed charges are within the original quoted range and addresses billing questions with clients
• Takes an active role in following up on jobs and other client interactions to ensure client satisfaction. Works with Client Development and Relationship manager to ensure that we understand current and upcoming needs of current and prospective clients and that they understand our current and upcoming offerings.
• Attends weekly department meetings, as well as occasional programming events at 1275 Minnesota Street.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Minimum 5 years experience in a fine art services organization, museum, or gallery; minimum 3 years experience as a dispatcher, project coordinator, project manager, or equivalent; hands-on field experience;
• Ability to quickly identify and resolve problems, effectively prioritize, and manage time efficiently, ensuring projects stay on schedule.
• Demonstrated concern for detail, accuracy and precise execution of work; excellent communication skills, both verbally and written; highly organized.
• Proficient with PC and Mac operating systems and software, including Adobe and Microsoft Suites and Filemaker Pro; knowledgeable with the G Suite, AutoCAD, Sketchup, and CRMs a plus.
Minnesota Street Project offers a competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, AD&D, Paid Time Off and Parental Leave, Retirement Savings, 401-k Plan, and Pre-Taxed Commuter and Childcare Benefits.
Please email a single PDF that includes a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements with the subject line Project_Manager_LAST NAME to email@example.com.
No calls, please.
We will respond only to applicants we intend to interview.
Thank you for your interest in Minnesota Street Project Art Services.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minnesota Street Project provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: arts, gallery, logistics, and manager. States: California.
Please Share the Project Manager job: