Full-Time Project Management Assistant
The Walla Walla Foundry is seeking a Project Management Assistant to join our team. The position offers the opportunity to engage project management skills as well as develop an in-depth understanding of contemporary art production methods. Additional information about the Foundry is available at wallawallafoundry.com
- Support project management operations through documentation and database administration. Oversee preparation and coordination of art installations.
- Coordinate travel, equipment and logistics for domestic and international installations.
- Assist Shipping Coordinator with shipping documentation.
- Observe fabrication and installation strategies with the ability to digest and create clear process records for use in production or for clientele.
- Create installation manuals and project information sheets for use in production or by clientele. Produce manuals and sheets based on recorded project information and conversations with colleagues and clientele.
- Assist shops in tracking and documentation of production processes, including weights, dimensions, materials, etc. for both historical record and execution of subsequent editions of the work.
- Assist or direct staff photographer in capturing specific images required for installation manuals, project fabrication, and informational project sheets.
- Ability to process RAW images to aid in image turnaround.
- Accurately perform end-processing of projects in Foundry databases.
- Accurately maintain storage inventory database and records.
- Prepare reports for internal and external use.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Proficiency in digital photography, including Photoshop, Camera RAW and Adobe InDesign.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, a holistic understanding of various Foundry processes and materials, and a sensitivity to the artistic and aesthetic goals of each work.
- Must be highly organized, with the ability to set priorities and manage time independently to meet deadlines for concurrent projects.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, research, and administrative skills. Ability to digest and synthesize complicated information and convey back in a succinct and timely manner.
- High level of dedication and a willingness to place a high priority on the job.
Passion for contemporary art processes and a desire to work in an agile, fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- 1-3 years of related experience in an artist studio, fabrication facility, arts administration or Registrar position preferred.
B.A. or master’s degree in art/design related field a plus.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than August 17, 2018.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
The Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a generous benefits package, including employer paid health insurance.
Please Share the Project Management Assistant job: