Part-Time Programs Coordinator
Job Title: Programs Coordinator.
Position Type: Part-time, contract. 20 hours per week.
Under the supervision of the Quinteto Latino (QL) Artistic Director, the Coordinator assists in ongoing functions of all QL planning, organizing and managing events, and serves as administrative support for the organization. Communicates with the musicians, outside arts organizations, and funders regarding events and programming.
Role and Responsibilities
Support Quintet Activities
- Arrange rehearsal and performance schedules
- Handle bookings arrangements (contracts, riders, etc.)
- Schedule school residencies and assemblies including communications with district, school/principal, and classroom teachers
Development | Financials
- In collaboration with bookkeeper, payment of company bills
- Create and track invoices
- Track online donations and donations following concerts & record donor information, send thank you’s, etc.
Marketing | Communications
- Act as liaison with social media contractor; provide content as needed
- Assist with content creation for promotional materials
- Handle printing for posters, flyers and other marketing needs
- Create and format program notes
- Create and maintain promotional materials for presenters and residencies
- Maintain paper and electronic records and files including Google Drive, Dropbox, Vimeo
- Read, monitor and respond to QL email
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements
- Maintain and update contact and staffing lists
- Purchase and maintenance of office supplies and equipment
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 3+ years of relevant administrative, operations, and/or HR experience
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Able to prioritize, make decisions, and take action with good judgment, accordingly
- Strong project management skills
- Extremely detail oriented and organized
- Strong intuition and ability to anticipate needs
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills
- Must have a passion for music and social justice
- Ability to work independently and on multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping
- Strong proficiency in computer software applications (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint,
- Excel, Google Docs, WordPress, Mailchimp, social media (Facebook, YouTube)
- Bilingual Spanish-English
- Ability to read sheet music
- Sense of humor
How to Apply
Send resume and one page cover letter saying why you would be great for this position.
Subject Line: QL Coordinator Application
Attachments: PDF or Word documents only
Quinteto Latino’s mission is to disrupt racial and economic disparities within the classical music field by championing past, present, and future contributions by Latinx composers and musicians. Quinteto Latino seeks to increase cultural competency in classical music and music education by normalizing equity and inclusion in all our work.
Quinteto Latino is a leadership organization that educates audiences and young students, advocates for equity and inclusion in classical music performance, commissions new works by Latinx and Latino American composers, and supports emerging Latinx musicians through mentoring and networking.
The five founding wind musicians of Quinteto Latino have advocated on behalf of Latinx and Latin American composers, musicians, and audiences for 15 years. Founder/Artistic Director Armando Castellano is a performer, teaching artist, trainer, panelist, and workshop presenter at education and music conferences on social justice and cultural competency in music education and performance.
Job Categories: Music. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: arts administration, communication, coordinator, human resources, music, and programming. States: California.
Please Share the Programs Coordinator job: