Full-Time Programmer and Lighting Board Operator
ZACH Theatre believes that diverse ideas, cultures, and traditions reflect our community and enhance our insights into the work we present on stage. We are committed to diversity and inclusivity in all areas of our work, including play selection, casting, marketing and public relations efforts, education programs, strategic recruitment of staff, artisans, technicians, and volunteers, and the composition of the Board of Trustees.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Programmer and Lighting Board Operator serves as the console programmer and operator for all main stage production. This position also assists the Lighting and Stage Ops Supervisor and Master Electrician in the installation and maintenance of lighting and video systems at ZACH Theatre.
- Serves as lead programmer and operator for all mainstage productions.
- Runs follow spot as needed for production, events or fundraisers.
- Assists the Lighting Supervisor and Lead Electrician with the installation, maintenance and organization of all lighting and video equipment and systems for all productions.
- Participates in all lighting hang, strike, notes and focus crew calls.
- Work with designers and Master Electrician in keeping lighting paperwork current.
- Responsible for daily dimmer checks and maintenance for mainstage productions with support from the Master Electrician.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Builds Collaborative Relationships
- Manages Through Processes and Systems
- Deals with Change Effectively
- Solves Problems Resourcefully
- Maintain safe and clean lighting storage and work areas
- Keeps detailed work lists and proactively addresses tasks daily.
- Participates in departmental and organizational outreach and education programs
- Constructing lighting practicals and related items
- Attends all required staff meetings and department meetings
- All work is performed with a direct reflection of the Mission, Vision and Values of ZACH Theatre.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Expected to climb ladders, work at height, and lift and carry up to 60 pounds.
- Schedule requires working nights, weekends, holidays and overtime.
- Must be able to sit and stand for an extended period of time.
EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2 – 3 years of experience in Lighting in a regional theatre setting
- Demonstrated field experience that results in the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge of DMX512 and ETCNet control systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the operation of theatrical lighting consoles. Specifically ETC Eos Family with direct understanding of programming, operation, and setup.
- Knowledge of theatrical lighting equipment, including conventional instruments, scrollers and automated lighting.
- Ability to read light plots and understand drawings and paperwork
- Demonstrated skills in the safe and efficient installation and maintenance of theatrical lighting equipment.
- Demonstrated skill in the safe operation of counterweight fly systems.
- Demonstrated skills required for production running crew positions, including light board and spotlight operation.
- Ability to read and understand industry-specific documentation, including hookups, schedules and plans.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Ability to adapt to new situations
Qualified applicants should submit resume to email@example.com
No phone calls please.
Apply for this Job