Full-Time Program & Outreach Coordinator
DESCRIPTION: Responsible for coordinating the operations and personnel aspects of all non-orchestral ensembles: Harp Ensemble, Flute Ensemble, Clarinet Ensemble, Brass Ensemble, Percussion Ensemble, Chamber Ensemble Program, and Junior Chamber Ensemble Program. Manages all aspects of Music Buddies Mentorship Program and Summer String Academy. Assists General Manager and Assistant General Manager with the administration of the orchestral ensembles, including attendance tracking, weekly set-up, music library, and other duties as assigned.
SMALL ENSEMBLE MANAGEMENT:
- Serve as primary point of contact for all non-orchestral ensembles
- Assist volunteers with attendance tracking at weekly ensemble rehearsals
- Primary point of contact for small ensemble directors/artistic staff
- Maintain communication with students, parents and volunteers for the ensembles
- Oversee any necessary preparation and distribution of music for the ensembles
- Provide basic marketing support for performances/master classes including but not limited to: program creation, social media promotion, website promotion, and generating content for grant applications as assigned
MUSIC BUDDIES & SUMMER STRING ACADEMY:
- Recruit/organize students and mentors
- Track attendance and provide onsite support to program director
- Maintain communication with all students and parents
- Secure rehearsal/concert venues and oversee logistics for rehearsals, concerts and events
- Oversee any necessary preparation and distribution of music
- Provide basic marketing support for performances including program creation, social media promotion, website promotion, and generating content for grant applications as assigned
- Identify and secure performance venues, overseeing logistics for outreach concerts and serving as primary liaison for all outreach events
- Recruit student performers and maintain communication leading up to performance
- In coordination with performance venue, provide basic marketing support for events and performances
ALUMNI DATABASE & RELATIONS
- Update and maintain database of AYPO alumni, including current school, profession, recent accomplishments and other related activities
- Engage alumni in current AYPO activities through electronic, print and social media.
- Build and establish networking opportunities for alumni and current students through social activities, concerts and events
QUALIFICATIONS: The applicant should possess a bachelor’s degree, with experience in the performing arts preferred. A background in music is highly recommended. The ideal candidate will be creative, energetic, collaborative, and will interact well with the general public. The applicant should have excellent verbal communication skills and proficient writing/editing skills to compose and/or edit public correspondence. S/he must be self-motivated and be able to manage multiple priorities. The ideal candidate will have proficient computer skills and be able to learn new software quickly.
TECHNICAL SKILLS: Applicant must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Experience with Salesforce and Squarespace is preferred.
HOW TO APPLY: Send a cover letter, resume and list of three references to Jason Spencer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this Job