• Performance Space New York •
• Position: Program Assistant
• Department: Programming
• Reports To: Program Director
• Classification: Part-time temporary, contract, exempt
Performance Space New York provides incomparable experiences for audiences by presenting and commissioning artists whose work challenges boundaries of live performance. Performance Space New York is dedicated to supporting the creative risks taken by artists from diverse genres, cultures and perspectives. We are an innovative local, national and international leader in contemporary performance.
The Program Assistant will learn valuable producing skills while supporting the execution of live performance programs; providing artist services and administrative support during the fall and spring seasons.
This temporary position runs from October 1, 2021 through July 1, 2022.
The salary for the scope of work is $25 per hour for approximately 15 hours per week for 40 weeks.
Administration and Artist Services
● Work in close partnership with Performance Space’s Program Director to support the execution of successful projects, and ancillary programs.
● Attend programming meetings and maintain regular office hours.
● Administer and execute artist contracts, track running costs, and timely payment orders.
● Coordinate artist services including artist transportation, accommodation, hospitality, and welcome packets.
● Be an available, helpful and physical presence for artists during their residency and production weeks.
● Adhere to department workflow and timelines.
● Ability to work assigned nights and weekends.
● Office duties as needed: Open and scan mail, Deposit checks, obtain door key fobs for artists, office equipment maintenance
● Project Specific duties as assigned
● Obsessive attention to detail and task-management.
● Fluency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite and Trello, with superior competency in Microsoft Excel
● Ability to maintain composure and humor in a fast-paced work environment.
● Previous experience working collaboratively with QTPOC+.
● Ability to communicate information effectively, both verbally and written.
● Minimum 2 years professional experience working in areas of cultural administration and company management in live performance.
Please send a resume, brief cover letter and at least two references to email@example.com by no later than September 15, 2021.
No phone calls please.
Job Categories: Arts and Culture. Job Types: Part-Time. Job Tags: administration, assistant, office, performing arts, and programs. States: New York.
Please Share the Program Asssistant job: