Full-Time Production Stage Manager, Ailey II
Ailey II, the junior company of Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, is seeking a Production Stage Manager.
This position is responsible for all production elements of Ailey II domestic and international tours, performances, outreach programs, and special events.
The Production Stage Manager works closely with Ailey II’s Artistic Director to fulfill his vision for all performances.
This position reports to Ailey II Company Manager.
The ideal candidate must have prior experience in a similar position and a comprehensive knowledge of a performing arts organization.
Start date on January 6, 2020.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Review venue technical specifications during contract approval process with Ailey II’s Lighting and Sound Supervisor;
• Advance all production components with Technical Director and/or Production Manager of the presenting venues, including creation of technical schedules and crew calls for all tours;
• Distribute all necessary paperwork, including technical/production schedules, run times, and local crew calls;
• Supervise Ailey II production staff and local stagehand staff work assignments at performance venues during load in, rehearsals, performances and load outs;
• Create and coordinate Carnet and cargo delivery schedule with carrier company for international touring;
• Manage truck logistics for domestic tour, including vehicle reservations and driver schedules
• Coordinate and supervise load-in/load-out and truck pack/unpack;
• Supervise and manage the installation and maintenance of marley floor and props.
Stage Management Duties:
• Create and maintain current and accurate cue sheets;
• Call cues for all performances;
• Prepare rehearsal and costume fittings schedules;
• Work closely with Artistic Director and Rehearsal Director to create and distribute all rehearsal schedules, programming, and casting sheets;
• Set up and manage rehearsals;
• Maintain schedules for studio rehearsals, technical rehearsals, and performances;
• Work with Artistic Director and Rehearsal Director to coordinate and run yearly auditions;
• Work closely with choreographers and design teams of seasonal new works during initial rehearsal process to support and develop the work;
• Create and archive accurate venue and performance reports;
• Reserve rehearsal and studio space;
• Ensure a safe and secure performance environment.
Education and Work Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in stage management or production related field;
• Minimum of two years in a similar position, including touring dance, live theater, concerts, and/or production experience;
• Experience working in small work group environments;
• Prior supervisory experience;
• Experience working with stagehands in union and non-union environments.
• Functional competencies in the use and operation of production lighting and sound equipment;
• Computer skills: Mac OS X, Windows OS, MS Office;
• Ability to adapt to a wide range of venues and adhere to the highest production standards;
• Ability and willingness to lift, push and pull heavy road cases and be an active participant in all aspects of load in/out;
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills and meticulous attention to detail;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written;
• Ability to take initiative, multi-task, and work graciously in a fast-paced environment;
• Ability to work with diplomacy and tact and remain calm under pressure;
• Must have valid Passport and Driver’s License.
To apply for this position, visit https://www.alvinailey.org/jobs, click on the apply link in the job posting, and upload one file (accepted formats include .doc, .docx, or .pdf) that contains the following items:
● Cover letter detailing your interest in this position and salary requirements
● Resume or CV
● Contact information for two references
No phone calls please.Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: dance, management, manager, performing arts, production, and stage. States: New York and NY.
Please Share the Production Stage Manager, Ailey II job: