Full-Time Production Manager
Brendan Ravenhill Studio is seeking an energetic, organized and knowledgeable individual to fill our Production Manager position.
The Production Manager is responsible for leading their team in assembling the Studio’s lighting designs, implementing best practices and standards, and working with the Operations Director to ensure cohesion between all teams within the Operations Department. An eye for detail and a deep understanding of craft is critical in this role to ensure high quality standards and efficient production methods. The Production Manager is also responsible for working collaboratively with our Communications Department to understand current orders, our Pre-Production team to ensure we have the parts on-hand, and our Post-Production team to assist with pack-out and shipping.
• Master the craft of building our fixtures.
• Develop and implement standards for producing our fixtures with a strong regard for efficiency and quality control.
• Schedule and manage the Production team to fulfill current orders.
• Lead decisions on staffing the Production team and support the career development of each team member.
• Lead and maintain a clear flow of communication between the Production team and other departments,
• Understand and implement standards of compliance for UL, CE and other lighting regulations.
• Manage inventory of sub-assemblies and other production needs, in conjunction with the Pre-Production team.
• Maintain a clean and organized work space.
• 2+ years of management experience, or a shown ability to lead a team of 4-6 persons with clarity, patience, and sensitivity.
• Experience working in the design or manufacturing industries (experience working in the production of lighting fixtures is a plus).
• An appreciation for and high level of skill at understanding, developing, and implementing methods of production with a high regard for efficiency.
• An ability to organize, plan, as well as multi-task and make necessary quick decisions.
• A highly developed eye for detail.
• A eagerness to teach and implement best practices and standards.
• An ability to maintain a high level of clarity and competency in communication.
• Intermediate skill in Adobe Illustrator, as it regards producing and maintaining instructional documents.
• A passion for good design and creative problem solving.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like you, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the large number of submissions, we may not respond to all inquiries.
We will be accepting applications until May 31st and begin conducting the first full week of June.
If this is your dream position, then impress us with a great cover letter that is full of character and devoid of typos. In your cover letter, please explain why you want to join Brendan Ravenhill Studio, what drives you creatively, and an example of your problem solving skills (this can be a story, an object, anything that demonstrates the way you think and work).
In addition, please provide the following:
• Two professional references
• Date you can start
Apply for this Job