Full-Time Production Manager
Constellation Theatre Company seeks a full-time Production Manager to oversee scheduling, budgeting, contracting and the execution of all aspects of physical production, including scenery, lights, costumes, props, paint, sound, and projections for all productions, workshops, readings and events.
- In collaboration with Executive leadership, program, budget and schedule the season.
- Serve as communication hub for all production activities.
- Create and maintain production schedules.
- Shepherd the design process from hiring through opening night.
- Lead the strike process from planning to execution.
- Manage, monitor, and approve all production-related expenses.
- Realize designs on time and on budget.
- Perform administration of payroll and production-related financial activity.
- Contract designers, performers and technicians.
- Coordinate all production, staffing and scheduling needs.
- Lead all production and design meetings.
- Oversee load-in for all departments.
- Attend all design runs, technical rehearsals, previews and opening.
- Supervise Technical Director.
- Oversee scene shop and theatre facilities;
- Actively represent Constellation and interact with constituents during special events and gatherings.
- Attend Staff and Executive staff meetings.
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience as a Production Manager.
- Thorough knowledge of all areas of theatrical production.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and work within approved budget.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Excel, CAD programs, Word, Powerpoint.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gather/analyze information skillfully.
- Ability to work well in group problem-solving situations.
- Ability to work under pressure on many projects and work with people of varying experience levels.
- Strong communication, diplomatic and leadership skills.
- Willingness to be flexible, collaborative, highly motivated, organized and responsible.
Constellation Theatre Company offers competitive benefits to its full-time employees including health insurance, 20 vacation days, 11 federal holidays and flexible work schedules. Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and competitive with similar non-profit arts organizations.
To apply, please submit:
- a cover letter;
- your resume; and
- a writing sample that is a theoretical explanation of your expectations as Production Manager to the design team at the beginning of a creative process.
Email materials to: jobs@ConstellationTheatre.org with “Production Manager” in subject before January 10, 2020. No phone calls, please.Job Categories: Theatre. Job Types: Full-Time. Job Tags: administration, communication, design, management, manager, and theatre. States: DC.
Please Share the Production Manager job: